Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Two old lefties

Rogers and Leiter face off today. One is pitching old and the other has found the fountain of youth.

Texas at -129 looks like grand theft to me. Rogers has been phenominal and continues to lead all major league starters in ERA with a 1.62 mark. Leiter a dismal 6.45 on the year and he seems to get lit up early and often just about every time out there.

Both teams are icy cold with 3-7 records in the last 10. Texas lost 4 straight now.

But Rogers isn't going away. He keeps getting just about every one out and winning. Texas is 9-3 in his starts. Leiter a drain on Florida who is 2-9 when he takes the bump. And Leiter isn't gonna get any better. I'd say this guy is done, toast, history. Shoulda hung 'em up last year.

If Rogers were on the Yankees with this record and playing against Florida today he would be a -200 or more favorite. And Texas is better than the Yankees! This line is totally whacked out and in no way accounts for a pitching mismatch of epic proportions.

I think this line has some definite edge in it today because so far Rogers has proven to be an effective winner while Leiter has proven to be a miserable, washed-up, has-been.

Hope it comes in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]