Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 07:48 AM

Default What did she have here?

Get seated in a 15-30 hand (Bellagio). Post BB, UTG limps, UTG +1 raises , pretty much everyone calls , I call with 5 3 diamonds, UTG says" lets build a pot", and 3 bets, everyone calls.

Flop K,2,4 , 2 spades. I check (mini discuss), and it checks around. Turn 6 clubs (making 2 clubs and 2 spades). I bet 3 calls, button raises, I reraise, 2 players fold, lady says call and puts out 30. She didnt know I reraised and they forced her to complete the call.

River offsuit 10. I bet , she raises, button reraises, I make it 4 and they both call. Apparently the button didn't know it was 5 bet cap, b/c we split the pot.

First impression of her. She was called to an 80/160 game and turned it down while i was waiting for the blind. So you got that to go on. I will give an updated impression later.

and ya the guy called 2 bets cold with 5,3. But it was sOOted though.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: What did she have here?

My guess is AK.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:53 AM

TT, or maybe KT. Whatever she doesn't appear to play well.

Your action on the flop is clearly to check. No mini-discussion necessary.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:02 AM

I checked b/c I thought the UTG might have limpreraised a big hand or the Original raiser had to have a King. I was afraid of it getting raised up front and taking away my odds. Is this your reasoning also or would you not have bet if even if you knew it was gonna get checked through? Would you have checked if you were the button and had the same draw?
If UTG bet and everyone called I was thinking about raising it? Do you think this is horrible? I might not of though since it was my first hand and I didnt know the table and the 2 spades were probably taking away my odds to do so. If it was rainbow I think I would of if it went down right. I think a check raise on the turn becomes too obvious from the blind.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:02 PM

I have the same reasoning for checking, you don't want a raise to your left to knock out all your customers. I would bet out on the button if checked to with the same draw.