Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 04:12 AM

Default 8-16 1/2 kill

i've recently moved and my new card club has some juicy games at 8-16 with a half kill, ie if one person wins two or more in a row the game is played as 12-24 with the winner posting an extra small blind. i've never played in any kind of kill game before though and was wondering what kind of strategy adjustments might be needed. also should i even sit in on the game if i don't have a comfortable 12-24 bankroll but do have a comfortable 8-16 roll?
thanks in advance
Old 06-11-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Re: 8-16 1/2 kill

Hey setz. I've only played in kill games two times at Morongo. Both times it was a 3/6 game where I bought in for 100$. My strategy was to play very tightly in kill pots, especially when somebody raises. I also stayed completely away from speculative hands like low pocket pairs and suited connectors. Depending on your bankroll situation, you might want to stay away from suited aces as well. You are definitely going to be losing some value if you do this, but the resulting loss of volatility might be worth it.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:57 AM

cool, good advice. anybody elso?
Old 06-11-2005, 12:14 PM

Remember that only one out of every nine or ten hands on average will be a kill pot. Your bankroll won't be in too much danger.