Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 02:36 PM

Default mistakes will happen...right?

I made a horrible play today....I guess mistakes are just gonna happen from time to time. Anyway, feel free to slam the play.

Down to 3 at a $100 single table SNG (yeah, I know, other forum, but I like it here dammit). I have 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB. Blinds are at 75/150. Villain had been pretty aggressive. He minraises preflop, I call. The button had about 3k in chips, and both villain and I had about 5.5k. He had me slightly covered.

Flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He checks...I bet 150. He raises to 700. Without really thinking about it, I call, but I think he has an overpair here but if I hit my straight, two pair or trips my implied odds are through the roof because I think this guy would call even with a four straight out there. Turn is a Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He immediately pushes 4200. I make a horrible insta-call and he flips up kings. No help on the river and I'm out of the tourney in third.

It was pretty much a mistake through and through from the way I played it preflop through the turn...but I'm just wondering if every once in a while everyone else makes similar mistakes. 90% of the time I'm making good decisions and laydowns, but every once in a while I play a hand like this like a total idiot. After thinking about it I realized I didn't even have CLOSE to odds to call the bet on the turn and basically handed the tourney to this guy on a silver platter. (it ended like 4 hands later with his huge chip advantage).

you guys occasionally make mistakes too...right, guys?

guys?
Old 06-10-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: mistakes will happen...right?

atleast you cashed. Just sign up for another one and don't do that again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2005, 02:40 PM

sound advice lol

the really horrible thing is that I played really well up to that point.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:41 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone makes mistakes, I know I do for sure, but I don't think I'm one of the better players. Imagine being 1st in a 500+ man tourny, with about 40 people left and being out within 2 hands with K7o and 44. I don't even have to post hand histories for anyone to tell me how stupid it was. We all make mistakes, but as long as you learn from them.

Nothing lost, nothing gained.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:55 PM

he he he...

The other day I was in a SnG and it was down to heads up play. I held K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button and brought it in for a standard raise. He called and had me covered slightly. Flop came 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (I'm not sure about the ranks, though). He checks, I bet a bit more than half the pot. He pushes. The wife has been bitching at me for like 45min. to help her carry the laundry up stairs. I call for really no reason except that I can't take the whinning anymore. He rolls over A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and I take 2nd.