Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Question for David Slansky

Aside from perhaps bankroll What is stopping you from playing in the 4k/8k game or even a 1500/3000 game or something in that range....I am sure you could have investors or something perhaps
Old 06-10-2005, 03:07 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Question for David Slansky

the swings at 4k/8k would probably make most people kill themselves or turn schizo or something
Old 06-10-2005, 03:25 PM

i would ask the reverse question: why in the world would he want to?

-Barron
Old 06-10-2005, 03:31 PM

<font color="red">Aside from perhaps bankroll What is stopping you from playing in the 4k/8k game or even a 1500/3000 game or something in that range. </font>

There is only one thing I can think of which would stop him and that's Money. And it probably has nothing to do with the money he currently has (or he'd already be playing these games). It's the money he figures to make which stops him. I'm sure there are more profitable ways for him to spend his time. That's my guess anyway.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Aside from perhaps bankroll What is stopping you from playing in the 4k/8k game or even a 1500/3000 game or something in that range. </font>

There is only one thing I can think of which would stop him and that's Money. And it probably has nothing to do with the money he currently has (or he'd already be playing these games). It's the money he figures to make which stops him. I'm sure there are more profitable ways for him to spend his time. That's my guess anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that you think he could beat the 4K/8K game but that he makes more money playing 300/600 and writing books?...
Old 06-10-2005, 03:55 PM

He's answered this already about a dozen time. I think most his answers go like, why should I? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Usually Pysch or the TV board has something about it
Old 06-10-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Sklansky

If you were hoping for a serious answer, you might start by spelling his name correctly.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:42 PM

I am assuming he either could beat the game for a small fraction of a bet or break even. I am sure David is not beating 300/600 for more than 2 bets a hr, If he could even beat the 4k/8k game for 2/10ths of a bet a hr he would be making more in that game than he would in the 300/600
Old 06-10-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's answered this already about a dozen time. I think most his answers go like, why should I? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Usually Pysch or the TV board has something about it

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY.

why would he want to subject himself to that variance and those players when he doesn't need to.

he does ok w/ this whole 2+2 thing, which, if you haven't noticed, is doing quite well. further, im sure the 300/600 games provide plenty of entertainment and challange to him.

clearly i cannot speak for DS but if i were in his shoes i dont think i'd be playing 4k/8k.

-Barron
Old 06-10-2005, 05:55 PM

SKALANSKY

is the correct way to misspell his name.