Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Anyone play this differently?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (12.10 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (7.05 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (9.05 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (11.05 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (13.05 BB)
Old 06-10-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Anyone play this differently?

If I know this player to be somewhat passive, I might check the river hoping that he also checks even if he makes 2 pair. But I'd have to have a pretty good read for that. Otherwise I think you do best betting, because you'll have to call a bet anyway and you gain a tiny bit of value if he would check behind with a worse 1 pair.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:33 PM

I'd have check/called the river. But otherwise, it looks real good.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:40 PM

Do you think your opponent will bet a worse one pair hand, or are you hoping he checks a better hand?
Old 06-11-2005, 04:52 AM

I wouldn't have made it four bets on third. I would have let him lead until fifth and went for two bets on the expensive street. I'm not sure I bet for value on the river. Do you put him on the other two Kings?
Old 06-11-2005, 10:09 AM

The other 2 kings with a worse kicker was exactly where I put him, and exactly what he had. I didn't see any streets I could c/r on, and wondered if anyone else did.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:36 AM

I think you probably could checkraise when he hits the 3rd heart, but if he makes it 3 bets there you cry. You aren't that far ahead of him if he does have the other kings, or even THAT far ahead of a smaller pair, but you are basically drawing dead if he has the flush.