Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 12:24 AM

Default in search of the big fold

10/20 6 max - i'm killing this table - about 75 hands in and i have played maybe 60% of what i have been dealt because i keep on picking them up and my finger has rarely left the raise button - no-one loves me

i get A9o in the BB and the button open raises - the button is a normal sort of chook - a bit too loose pre-flop and post and lacking aggro - i call

flop is As 6h 3d - check/check

turn is 8d - check - bet - ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 06-09-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: in search of the big fold

I dont think you can find a big fold unless you bet the turn and it probably wont be that easy either.

Itīs very posible that he has checked something weakish to get to showdown cheaper if you have been very aggro or just checked a crappy ace to induce some bluffing from the guy who bet and raise all the time.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:43 AM

I check and call down. If the river comes a diamond, I may bet and fold to a raise instead.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:52 AM

i must have gone temporarily retarded or something, cause i am totally confused. you have aces and the flop was checked through.... why is the post about finding a big fold?
Old 06-09-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i must have gone temporarily retarded or something, cause i am totally confused. you have aces and the flop was checked through.... why is the post about finding a big fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

the startling bit is that someone open raised on the button and got heads up with the BB who just called and checked behind when the flop was ace banana grape

trickery in games is an expert weapon - in the hands of chooks it is poorly understood - i like to punish chooks who dont realise that the presence of ink ensures squid - i could punish him a bit by just calling him down or i could go for the lot and fold the turn

Old 06-09-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the startling bit is that someone open raised on the button and got heads up with the BB who just called and checked behind when the flop was ace banana grape

trickery in games is an expert weapon - in the hands of chooks it is poorly understood - i like to punish chooks who dont realise that the presence of ink ensures squid - i could punish him a bit by just calling him down or i could go for the lot and fold the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting.... but can you be that sure that he flopped a monster of sorts? you did say that he lacked aggression -- couldn't he also be thinking "uh oh. an A. I don't have an A and I bet he does...." i mean, it's a pretty awesome read... but how sure are you?

also, out of curiosity, was your plan to c/r the flop? if so, why did you choose to do that rather than bet out?