Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Need thoughts on this JJ

Additional notes: Solid game, table is 29/8 and i am 19/6. I paused to consider limping in but the last round was tight so I open raised UTG with JJ in hopes to win instantly.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jd Js (two pair, jacks and threes).
MP2 has Ac As (two pair, aces and threes).
Outcome: MP2 wins 18 BB. </font>

I did not cap pre-flop. To me the pot is big enough. The cold callers are players who understand the 3 bet concept and its obvious they have something to play. I dont see value in re-raising and finally calling the 3rd bet on the flop, I was certain my hand needed improvement and couldnt find a way to lay my hand down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] heh heh...

PFR Cap?