Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Final table play..what to do?

I dont play very many MTTs (maybe 8-12 a month) this month I got to four final tables, and I couldnt win a single one (got 4th on 3 and 5th on 1) I think there is a major leak in my final table strategy, possibly that I try to steal so many blinds. but I was wondering if you guys could help. In the following I will describe 2 situations that I am having trouble finding a strategy for.

Situation #1:
first 10 get paid first 5 get anything significant. You go into the final table 2nd in chips with the chiplead to your immediate right you have 45k he has 80k, two hands laterr you have 85k he has about 60k and you already busted someone. Blinds are 2k-4k with no antes. and they increase every 10 minutes. 4 people on the table are ranging from 10k to 30k 3 are from 35k to 50k and 1 is at 60k people are playing tight and moving all in, low stacks (-30k) are pushing w/ any pair any ace, mid stacks are raising good hands but just for 2xbb and the other big stack is sitting back and pushing big hands only. How do you play?

situation #2:

you go into the final table, 40 people got paid 5th and up get 500+ (very half of your bankroll) you have 40k in chips w/ blinds at 3k-6k 3 people have 60k-100k 3 others have 35k-60k (not counting yourself) and 3 are below 20k. everyone is playing tight except the Chipleader who is being oober agressive. Technically you are low stack at 6.4BB's, but compared to the rest of the table you are avg stack. blinds are getting big, and youre not getting anything. Whats your game plan?

looking forward to your comments thx .