Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Is Party Poker a safe place to play?

I am a long time PP player and have never had any problems or suspicions about the games on PP. I have other friends who are absolutely convinced that cheating is rampant on PP and PP is likely involved. One friend returned from the poker rooms in Vegas last week and said the feel was that the cheating on PP was essentially common knowledge.

I am not trying to single out PP. I have been a loyal player there for a long time.

Is there anything to any of this? I'm sure this isn't the first post on the subject if someone can point me to a string.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Is Party Poker a safe place to play?

Of course Party is rigged. Haven't you heard about their distrobution system and even the cash out curse? Those are common knowledge.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:25 PM

They are making a fortune legally. They have a huge share of a multi-billion dollar business. Why would they risk that?

As for players, you can be sure a few guys are in collusion on cell phones or in game rooms...But there are enough bad players to let you overcome that. Also, if they were top players they wouldn't need to cheat, so even though they are cheating doesn't mean they are crushing the games.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:26 PM

the other relevant question becomes if you are going to cheat then at what point does it become worth while? do you think people are bothering with complicated collusion tactics at 1-2? how about 2-4? or 3-6? or even 5-10?

k_squared
Old 06-07-2005, 03:30 PM

pp is going public for billions of dollars, if you think they are in on any cheating in ridiculous. Sounds like the post of a bad run of cards
Old 06-07-2005, 03:30 PM

First, get your flame retardent gear out.

Second, whereever there is gambling there is cheating. I was playing at the trop this weekend and I looked down at my cards and I knew I had been dealt aces before I even picked them up because they were creased. So I picked them up quickly and straightened them out as best I could without being too obvious and I layed them back down and played them. While I was telling the friendly guy next to me about it after the hand the girl on the other side of me, who paid me off, got up quickly and left so I guess it was her.

The point is that if you are going to gamble you need to educate yourself about cheating. That way, not only can you spot when you are being cheated, but you can turn the tables on the cheaters. The card creaser that paid me off never suspected that I had aces because the cards werent bent anymore. Granted this was a ridiculously ameteurish cheating attempt but the point still holds.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:35 PM

fold pf
Old 06-07-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Party Poker a safe place to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, just try not to make eye contact with cowboy.

Adsam
Old 06-07-2005, 04:07 PM

Old 06-07-2005, 04:12 PM

Party's not safe.. Lots of Rapists and Drug addicts floating around. Watch your behind.

Blackjack