Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Bottom set fills up - did I play this right?

Fulltilt NL $50 - 6 handed.
Hero is SB
Villain is CO

Preflop:
Hero in SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], folds to villian, who min-raises to $1, button folds, I call, BB folds

Flop ($2.50):
3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I check, Button bets $2.50, I raise to $7.50, Button calls.
(I'm thinking he's on KQ, KJ, K6 or K3 - AK, AA, or KK he would've raised more preflop, or raised me here.
He's gotta put me on more than just a K, since he's seen me bet out when I catch a pair of kings on the flop)

Turn: ($17.50)
9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet $15, Button calls.
(I narrow to K3 or K6, or maybe 66? I think he would've reraised the flop with a set, especially if he put me on 2pr)

River: ($47.50)
9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I bet $25 (all-in)

...results to follow.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Bottom set fills up - did I play this right?

this looks fine to me - you have the probable winner based on how the action's going - the only hand that he probably has to beat you with is 66 - but I have no idea what his minraise means
Old 06-07-2005, 02:14 PM

I think flopraise on such a drawless flop is a bit too obvious but then again if I was villain with TP, I would probably think you were bluffing with 45 so what do I know.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:19 PM

This is a drawless board, so I dont like the CR on the flop as it usually scares away action and forces you to lead the turn. Let him fire again on the turn and then get your money in with a CR. Assuming he is good, 66 is the only hand I can put him on after his smoothcall on both streets and the minraise pf. However lots of players at these levels will showdown TPGK.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Results

Villian called, and showed K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a bigger full house.
IGOTN
(I go on tilt now)
Old 06-07-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Villian called, and showed K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a bigger full house.
IGOTN
(I go on tilt now)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually considering K9 as an option. I see weaker players who want to play trash hands like K9-KJs and ATs so instead of limping they minraise. For most of these weaker players they either have a MPP or ATs, K9-KJs(and K9/KT I would count out at higher limits). WIth a set I usually like to bet out the flop, this way the player is unable to put you on a set unlike when you checkraise him(very common). Seeing as though most of the money got into the pot, nh, you got the majority of your chips in the pot with a significant advantage. You want him to make these calls, you just don't want him to hit those runners.

In the future, hit a set, bet.
-Ace