Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Why is my W$SD so high?

My W$SD consistently hovers around 57-58% at 3/6, even when I am on a downstreak. During my ill fated attempt at 5/10 6max I dropped 300BB's over 30k hands and my W$SD was still a high 55.2%. This leads me to believe that I've been throwing away winners by not calling down enough.

Could this be explained by my preflop tightness (my VPIP at 3/6 is 14.64), since I'm usually starting with a better hand, I'm winning more often? Or do I really need to be calling down more? It feels like I'm actually already calling down too much. Any thoughts about this? Should I be raising the turn more and checking the river for a free showdown or perhaps calling down more with hands like AK unimproved? I've posted my last 56k hand 3/6 stats below, I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Old 06-07-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Why is my W$SD so high?

My W$SD doesn't change a great deal over any reasonable sample either. Downswings tend to be suckouts where I know I'm beat (JJ versus two overcards and heavy betting) and/or badly missed flops after pumping things like AK. These things never make showdown, so they don't show up in my W$SD.

They don't even always show up in W$SF. Some of my worst nights are nights where I had great cards and won lots of hands. The problem was my winning hands stole blinds and had people fold at the flop, but the big pots that cost me big were suckouts (either I missed or they hit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Statistically, my W$SF/W@SD are awesome those nights. I've had other statistically dismal nights that were big winners for the reverse reason (few hands, but big pots).

I think 58 W$SD isn't that high from what I recall of CallMeIshmael's stats post. A little maybe, but not "OMFG!" high.

I'd go through some hands in your PT history and see if you've done anything stupid. I tend to take each session, sort by worst losses, and see if I'm calling down or failing to protect. I'll replay the hand and go "DOH!" before I even know what the villian had. If I go "DOH!" more than a couple times on similar hands I've found something to be concerned about, a pattern of crappiness.

Yea, I should do that analysis for all hands, but I find enough leaks just in my losers to keep me busy for a while [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Why is my W$SD so high?

Thanks ckessel, I guess it's not outrageously high, I'm just paranoid about jumping into 5/10 6max again and wanted to clear up any major leaks.