Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 01:15 PM

Default 21 small bets on average in the pot? I can\'t find those games!

In the Capellettie book the author has his own Capelletti Rule about a good game. He talks about a good game if on average 5 players see the flop. I can understand his arguments for this being a decent game. However he states furthermore that a game like this will on average have about 21 small bets in the pot.
The games that fall under the first criterium I can find, however non of these games have on averege 21 small bets in the pot. I would say they have on average about 14 bets in the pot.
Am I playing in these games at the wrong time (I live in the Netherlands)? Or do these games not exist?
Old 06-07-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: 21 small bets on average in the pot? I can\'t find those games!

Huh. I forgot when he said that.

I generally look for a game with an average pot of 10BB, which is just slightly less than 21SB, I s'pose.

There are times when it's impossible to find games like that. And, when I think I find one, I get on the waiting list, and by the time I get into the game, I find out that the dead man's boots I'm filling are those of the now-departed fish, and the table promptly tightens back up to 6-7BB average pots, while PlayerView paints money bags next to all the same familiar opponents.

I generally have better luck finding good games after 11:00 PM EST, which would be in the wee morning hours for you dutch.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:29 PM

There are games like this on party poker quite frequently during prime time (8pm-1am EST).
Old 06-07-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are times when it's impossible to find games like that. And, when I think I find one, I get on the waiting list, and by the time I get into the game, I find out that the dead man's boots I'm filling are those of the now-departed fish

[/ QUOTE ]

Always happens to me. Doesn't that suck? And now they expect you to fill his role as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On party .5/1.00 I found that small pot sizes tend to reflect people checking the flops and the turns when they don't catch anything or are drawing. There are still almost always 5+ people seeing that flop though. I'll sit down and bet all my draws for the first round or two. That tends to loosen the table up.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:46 PM

I've kind of noticed the same thing. In fact, I'm often pot-size ahead if I sit down to a low avg pot table and just start betting the flops.