Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Manhattan River Club Grand Opening Tues

Thoughts on security, amount of players they'll attract, anyone going...etc.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Manhattan River Club Grand Opening Tues

um...what?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:11 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 12:21 AM

Friendly Advice - make this thread go away. These things should not be discussed openly anymore, no more people need to see the inside of a jail cell.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Friendly Advice - make this thread go away. These things should not be discussed openly anymore, no more people need to see the inside of a jail cell.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-07-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, this is total BS. Some of the clubs themselves are still advertising, and to think that not talking on this site is really going to stop the cops or whoever from finding out is pure BS. On one of the groups that I belong to, I got an email stating limits, times, address, and phone numbers from the people running the games.

I'm not saying that people should generally give out all the info. like "Hey, I heard that there's a game tonight at the Players Club on 72nd Street", but to ask if an event is still going on, or club is still running isn't going to do much.

Do you really think the clubs don't expect to get busted if they're still running? Just the amount of people going to the games themselves puts all the info. out there. Like in Fight Club, the first rule was don't talk about it, but to have people in Fight Club, someone has to talk about it.

My guess is that it wasn't people talking on Poker forums that got the clubs busted, but their own advertising on Craig's List and other non poker related sites, as well as newspaper articles about all these clubs.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:49 PM

Dude, you're wrong. I spoke to the owner of this club today and he was not at all happy about this thread.
And before you think everyone on 2+2 is like, totally cool, dude, let me make you aware of one salient fact. It was a 2+2er who opened his yap to a NY Post reporter about the NYC poker clubs and allowed his name to be used in print. What timing, huh? The NYPD and the Manhattan DA's office had an ongoing investigation just as this fool blabs to a reporter about himself and all the other big time "rounders" in a 3-6 game.
I was in one of the clubs when it was raided. Some good people got locked up. So do us all a favor, stay home and play on your computer until you wise up.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you're wrong. I spoke to the owner of this club today and he was not at all happy about this thread.
And before you think everyone on 2+2 is like, totally cool, dude, let me make you aware of one salient fact. It was a 2+2er who opened his yap to a NY Post reporter about the NYC poker clubs and allowed his name to be used in print. What timing, huh? The NYPD and the Manhattan DA's office had an ongoing investigation just as this fool blabs to a reporter about himself and all the other big time "rounders" in a 3-6 game.
I was in one of the clubs when it was raided. Some good people got locked up. So do us all a favor, stay home and play on your computer until you wise up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think "like everyone here is totally cool". Actually like in my every day life, I think quite the opposite, but I digress.

The douche who talked to the Post, is just that...a douche. I'm not saying that everyone should start blabbing away, but I am saying that if the organizer of the event hasn't thought that he will be locked up for it, and that the info would be kept hush, hush, he is kidding himself. People talk, that's a fact. How would you run a successful tourney or game, if people didn't. The only possible way would to just open it to immediate friends, or a member of a "real" private club. But if it's open to the public, he should be on the look out, and expecting it.

PS
The whole "dude" thing was a joke by the way...thought it looked funny and gnarly to read it when responding to someone...and yes gnarly was a joke too...as is the over- use of the elipse.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only possible way would to just open it to immediate friends, or a member of a "real" private club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that he didn't?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:36 PM

so if anyone wants to pm me details, do.