Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Blind Play

Ok guys...My game needs some serious work. After noticing how terrible my BR was, I checked PT. I've lost about 1850 in my last 10k hands of 5/10.

I feel like my play is getting stronger, but my stats do not show it. I'm confident that I've been running badly, but I know that my blind play is god awful.

After 30k hands my winrate is a horrible .22 BB/100. Just two days and 1500 hands ago it was .66 BB/100, so I know that I haven't played enough hands to determine my winrate, but it looks like it can't be over 2 BB/100 and is probably closer to one.

I am literally sick to my stomach as I type this post. I can't take anymore of this BS. I need to fix the monster leak that is my blind play, so we come to my question.

What are a few main ideas to think about when considering play in the blinds. I'm at a loss as to how I'm getting boned so badly in the blinds, but I'm sure it has to do with not showing down enough or not playing agressive enough in the later streets.

I will post some stats later, but some basic info would be greatly appreciated until I can break it down later.

Thank you to all who try to help my broke ass.

Nick
Old 06-07-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Blind Play

anybody have any thoughts...or a link to a blind play discussion?

I need it badly.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:48 AM

There's been a lot of posts about this in the last coupla days, i've posted about it as well.....

What areas are you having problems in, defending with too many marginal hands in the bb, sb..... calling in the blinds when co or button is stealing, your post flop play when missing?

are you overplaying your hands in the blinds and getting in trouble, or just folding too many of them?

mooks
Old 06-07-2005, 01:09 AM

I believe i'm calling too much from the BB in multiway pots and maybe completing too much and not 3 betting enough in the SB.

Also, I get lost on what to show down from the blinds when defending. I call with hands I can't SD too much I guess. Or I revert to blind out of position aggression instead of just calling down.

Just thinking about this right now is helping, but confirmation of good blind tactics would be beneficial as my downswing of late has really gotten to me.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:20 AM

Probably the best place to address this is in HEPFAP.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:32 AM

Looks like a reread is in order...thanks I'll get on it right away. Watch out 2+2ers.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:39 AM

If you use playerview or Gametime start using the Att to steal stat when determining you response option to what might be a steal.

3-bet mroe if a guy is 35%+ ATSB. Fold more if guy is <20% ATSB.

Be a lot more willing to raise and fold postflop. Think about your what position will be like postflop and the relative strength of your holding. A rasie from the button is alot different than the SB raising you in the BB. Get more of this kind of info involved in your decision making process.