Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Default cheapest way to clear bonus at pokerstars?

at what blind levels do hands start getting raked? to start earning points do you have to win a raked pot, contribute to the raked pot, or just be at the table?

any other bonus good bonus clearing guidelines?
Old 06-06-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: cheapest way to clear bonus at pokerstars?

for LHE, you need a $10 pot to earn FPP at 50c/$1 and lower, $15 pot for $1/2 (7.5BB) and $20 pot for $2/4 and up. so you can clear it "cheaply" at $1/2 in a reasonable amount of time, or faster at $2/4 and up. I wouldn't bother at 50c/$1, there are other sites which will clear faster at that limit.

note that just because a hand is raked on poker stars, it doesn't necessary earn an FPP. generally the rake has to be at least $1 ($20+ pot) in order to count. for lower fixed limits the rake can be as low as 50c and clear bonus, but in the meantime there will be many hands raked below that and not count. $2/4 LHE is a best minimum value because all hands that are raked will definitely earn FPP, and any hands which do not earn FPP are not raked.

NL/PL at any limit requires a $20 pot, so I would play no less than 50c/$1 blinds for that, and preferably $1/2 and up.

playing SNG's and MTT's, the bonus is basically a 100% rebate on the entry fees. if you play a $10+1, then you clear $1 of bonus at the conclusion of the tourney.

you do not have to win or contribute to the pot preflop in order to count towards FPP. you simply have to be dealt into the hand, and the pot needs to reach the minimum threshold required for that particular limit.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:29 PM

I dont know what limits you are comfoprtable playing at. If you are finding that the limits are too high for you to clear the bonus at Stars right now, remember that the bonuses there do not expire and that you can withdraw your money (after 48 hrs) without the bonus going away.

The point is, that you can come back and clear it at a higher limit at a later date when you are more comfortable at those higher limits.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:38 PM

thx for the info.

i think i found my niche, 5/.50 sit and go