Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 08:30 AM

Default best way to find holes and fix them?

hi, i'm fairly new to hold'em. i've been playing about 6 months now. i'm a weak-tight player looking to improve my game. i've read a few books including small stakes holdem but haven't had very good results yet. i'm a slightly better than break even player but the day of the week seems to have a big impact on my game. fridays and saturdays i usually win around $50-$75 (2 table $0.50/$1.00). other days like mon-wednessday i'm pretty afraid of playing due to such bad results. i try to switch tables when i feel i'm at a table of people that are alot better than i am which seems to help alot but on mondays - wednessday it is hard for me to find a game weak enough for me to beat... what do u guys recommend i do to find the flaws in my game? are there any programs out to analyze your game logs and point out errors?

thanks for the help,
alien.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Re: best way to find holes and fix them?

post hands and comment others posts (before looking other players answers to the same question!)

Edit: and don't be a result player. Like the great Phil Hellmuth said (btw, he is highly respected here) "play great poker, play great poker, play great poker" and the money will follow [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what do u guys recommend i do to find the flaws in my game? are there any programs out to analyze your game logs and point out errors?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. You've come to the right place. Read and reply to the posts on this forum will definitely help you analyze yourself. Read the FAQ's at the beginning of this forum and the MicroLimit/Beginner forum for some more good info.
2. Get PokerTracker to analyze what your hands.
3. Read and Re-Read SSHE then read it again over the course of several weeks. Whenever you have a couple extra minutes read a chapter. Try to apply one area at a time to your game rather then everything at once.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:06 PM

does SSHE stand for Super System hold em'?
Old 06-06-2005, 04:11 PM

Small Stakes Hold 'Em