Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Raise-raise-raise

I've played 20 odd hands with villain and he seems loose aggro 60/30, anyone change any of this?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.20 BB
Old 06-05-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Raise-raise-raise

Everything looks good except for maybe the cap on the river. He is showing an awful lot of strength and knows you're not bluffing. After he 3bet you on the river, it seems uncertain whether you have him beat &gt;50%. He could have been pumping some kind of straight/flush, pair/flush draw hand on the turn that got there on the river. I would be inclined to call his 3bet, but I dont think a cap is that bad either.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:36 PM

Standard with your read. I wonder if he had 8h9h. He probably had 2 pair though.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:56 PM

Presumably he would have raised QQ or KK PF, so the river cap is good.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are more hands that beat 77 on this board than QQ and KK
Old 06-05-2005, 05:18 PM

But not many that are beating hero the way it played out. Not saying someone couldn't cap the turn with a draw, but I wouldn't be that afraid of a straight or flush. Plus Hero's closing the action, so might as well cap I say.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

there are more hands that beat 77 on this board than QQ and KK

[/ QUOTE ]

How many more of them are played this way?
Old 06-05-2005, 05:44 PM

Lately I've seen many LAG players capping flush draws on the turn (something about the 'alluring' turn checkraise?), but I wouldn't slow down the river. Villain is usually holding a weak 2-pair hand here, i.e. Q6
Old 06-05-2005, 05:49 PM

The range of hands he could play like this legititmately does not have to correspond with the range of hands he will usually have here, because you cant rule out that he made some mistakes on the flop and turn. (like not folding 89s on the flop)

Main reference point for me are the expensive streets: villain's check / raise / cap on the turn, followed by his lead on the river, where he clearly wants to be raised to be able to 3bet.

He wants the bets in. Now with which hands does he want those bets in? More often &gt; 50% with a hand that does not beat a trips on this board? Based on PF action, it's hard to put him on QQ/KK/KQ. So... would he go nuts with less than top two pair?

Yeah, he might, so a cap is not bad, like i said, but i can see myself calling as well. I dont often encounter opponents who lead/3bet on the river with no-so-strong hands.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:16 PM

I've seen LAGS capping gutshots on the flop, so seeing him cap a draw on the turn wouldn't shocktheshit out of me.

But I'd still slow down on the river. I'm a pizzussy though.