Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 03:37 AM

Default a free card play that worked! (friday nite LC)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Results
BB has 6d 8s (one pair, eights).
Hero has Kd Qc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.25 BB.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: a free card play that worked! (friday nite LC)

This is 6max, and I know nothing about it, but I would hate this play in a full ring game. All you have is two overcards, worth, at most, 4 outs. Why are you raising here?
Old 06-04-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is 6max, and I know nothing about it, but I would hate this play in a full ring game. All you have is two overcards, worth, at most, 4 outs. Why are you raising here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really?

I think I make this play pretty regularly, although typically I don't hit my TP.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:04 AM

[quote

... although typically I don't hit my TP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. You on a downswing Adam?
Old 06-04-2005, 04:04 AM

Ehhh. If there wasn't a caller on the flop, I might be able to go along with, but even that's pushing it. In my experience, the BB isn't betting into you with nothing. You also have no backdoor draws. You have odds to chase your ~5 outer, but I dunno.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At 6max with passive opponents this is a good play. Most 6max opponents are outright maniacs though so I'm amazed that he got away with this.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey Jak,

its really not so different; imagine everyone has folded around to you in a full ring and you're in CO and go from there.

4 outs is a bit thin, it's a bit more b/c i don't think u can fully discount K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

i did have a read on BB, that he would bet out &amp; call down any made hand; like, not really thinking about what i have. just reacting to aggression/lack thereof from his opponents. i don't have GT+ &amp; PT on my laptop; i've been working on taking notes &amp; observing tendencies...

one could argue, that my river value-raise was iffy, since who knows if he has 2 pair or something, but i can understand your skepticism re. raising the flop w/ K-high. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2005, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[quote

... although typically I don't hit my TP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. You on a downswing Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]

-3BB/100 over 2000 hands at 2/4 party. Had to drop back down to 1/2 and .5/1 over at primas and stars (about 3k hands)to fix some leaks =/. Going to give 2/4 another shot, though, as I work to clear BONUSJUN when I can cash out of stars.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:48 AM

congrats.

i hate it.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:30 PM

One of the big weaknesses in my play is that I don't respond well to donkbets in shorthanded situations. I too often raise with A high when the guy has a hand, but when I fold, I get shown a pure bluff. I suck at poker, but I'm pretty sure that your play here is incorrect. With the caller in between you and the donk, the caller isn't bluffing. Additionally, you've got another guy who you have to hope gives you the free card.

Spider, do you just fold the flop, or peel and fold the turn UI?