Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 01:23 AM

Default AQ..hit top pair but aggression against unknowns

first orbit at the table, so have no reads. i know 1/2 hands go in micro, but i usually play 2/4 and am playing 1/2 cuz of a bad run and trying to work on my game.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB
Old 06-03-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: AQ..hit top pair but aggression against unknowns

well from what i remember about 1/2

Flop should be capped.

Turn should be three bet.

River should be be raised.

I remember those games being very passive unless someone has a pair of aces...they seem to think that is the nuts.

You call way to much. You never reraised for value or information. He could be three betting AK...which you beat on the turn...yet you dont know.

-SFWUSC
Old 06-03-2005, 01:36 AM

I'd rather checkraise this flop. You usually get a better idea of where you're at.

I'd also 3-bet the turn the way you played it.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:01 AM

Definately a lot of bets were missed here, pretty much everywhere, top pair can't just call down. Thats just asking to make a pay out when your losing. I think you should have definately made a curiosity bet, like when you put a knife in the toaster, often you'll find out something. Maybe the toaster is off, or maybe you get electrocuted. But your just sitting there wondering if its on or off.

Note the smart ass remark of 'check the on/off switch' doesn't apply here. If we were that clever we wouldn't play poker.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]