Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Another bet/fold river?

Villian in this hand is TAG. 18/10/2.7 in 130 hands. It definitely felt right at the time but wanted to hears others thoughts.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11 BB
Old 06-02-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Another bet/fold river?

I'm either raising the turn or calling the turn with the intention of raising the river. I doubt a TAG is coldcalling in the SB with a hand that contains an 8. He would 3-bet AA preflop so I'm not worried about that. That leaves 33 as the only other hand that beats you. I think you are up against a weaker Ace the majority of time so you need to get another raise in on this board.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Another bet/fold river?

Oh...and horrible river fold.