Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 02:34 PM

Default beautiful naked chick

Just kidding I was hoping ya'll would look at this hand for me. From last weekends million dollar party tourney. I was actually at a final table in another multi when this hand happened so all I can say about the table is there were several players limping in most hands and not many were raised.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter

CO (t1335)
Button (t3490)
SB (t1958)
BB (t760)
UTG (t1565)
UTG+1 (t1615)
UTG+2 (t1102)
MP1 (t1325)
Hero (t1635)
MP3 (t1690)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls t30, MP1 calls t30, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t180) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t100</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t300</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t200.

Turn: (t780) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (t780) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t225</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t700</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1175</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1305 (All-In)</font>, UTG calls t60 (All-In).

Final Pot: t3320
Old 06-02-2005, 02:36 PM

Default THOSE ARE SOME BIG ASS TITTIES!!!!

I'd raise more on the flop, but looks good after that.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: beautiful naked chick

whoa, she IS smokin'
Old 06-02-2005, 02:37 PM

I love it. Every street is well-played. Yeah, I'm pretty much done with the hand on the turn, but then we hit a miracle on the river. One thing though: Where's the naked chick?

CSC
Old 06-02-2005, 02:41 PM

Your flop raise offers UTG 3:1 on his call, which on this draw-heavy board is too good. To better protect your hand I'd raise another T100 or so. Otherwise, well played. A big letdown after the title, but well played nonetheless.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Bet the turn?

There can be a good argument made for checking behind UTG on the turn, but what about making a value bet? Is UTG betting a suited connector of some kind on the flop out of position with such a large field? If he probably is then yes, I can see a great argument for checking behind. However, I can see it being more likely that he is holding something like A9 or some kind of pocket pair. In that case, I would hate to give him a free draw to a flush if he is holding the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something like that. Also, if he is there is a strong likelyhood that he would make a mistake and call a value bet in this spot. Also, by checking behind him you give him a green light to take the pot away on the end if you had missed your boat. Are we really ready to concede defeat just because a flush card hit on the turn?

I guess he must have had a flush given all that action on the end, but that's not the point. I'd like to hear what some others think about a value bet on the turn.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Bet the turn?

Although you would have to give a free card, you'd hate even more to be check raised on this board. Rather than say value bet the turn, you need to think a step ahead and plan what you'd do if checkraised, I'd much rather get to a cheap showdown on this board than be faced with that turn decision.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There can be a good argument made for checking behind UTG on the turn, but what about making a value bet? Is UTG betting a suited connector of some kind on the flop out of position with such a large field? If he probably is then yes, I can see a great argument for checking behind. However, I can see it being more likely that he is holding something like A9 or some kind of pocket pair. In that case, I would hate to give him a free draw to a flush if he is holding the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something like that. Also, if he is there is a strong likelyhood that he would make a mistake and call a value bet in this spot. Also, by checking behind him you give him a green light to take the pot away on the end if you had missed your boat. Are we really ready to concede defeat just because a flush card hit on the turn?

I guess he must have had a flush given all that action on the end, but that's not the point. I'd like to hear what some others think about a value bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't just a flush card, it completes EVERY draw he could possibly have. Hell, his 9T just beat you by pairing up. We COULD hold on to the vain hope that he has an overpair/A9, but come on. Check it down, call a value bet on the river MAYBE.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:23 PM

It isn't just a flush card, it completes EVERY draw he could possibly have. Hell, his 9T just beat you by pairing up. We COULD hold on to the vain hope that he has an overpair/A9, but come on. Check it down, call a value bet on the river MAYBE.

Lets not overstate things, it doesn't complete EVERY draw he could have. but it sure does complete several of them.

-Scott
Old 06-02-2005, 03:28 PM

I totally see your point.

You do make the assumption that he was on a draw to begin with. You say it completes EVERY draw he could possibly have; however, what suggests that he has a draw? I don't know who the UTG player is, but I would need some kind of read on him to conclude that he likely is on a draw in the first place. Generally, players that have big draw (from my observation) bet big into the flop if they are skilled or bet small or check-call if they are not skilled. UTG's flop bet does not seem to be a bet with a draw of any kind, IMO. Again, I could very well be wrong and by the way it played out on the river I most surely am wrong in this particular instance. Since he bet the flop and flat called the raise, I'm more likely to conclude that it's one of those 55/45 situations in his mind (pair w/ redraw vs. big draw) and he's just calling to see what the turn brings.

Thoughts?