Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 10:33 AM

Default I\'m an ag in sheep\'s clothing (20k stats post)

We've had a lot of stats posts lately from people who play too tight. For anyone who wants to compare those
or themselves with what things look like from a distinctly different approach I thought I'd share my Party 1/2 stats.

I know a lot of people will look at the aggression figures and their knee-jerk reaction will be that I
am too passive on the flop and not protecting my hands enough etc. But do take a closer look before
you bother to post that. I play more hands than the typical 2+2'er. Look at the percentage of actions on each street
and you'll see that I put in more bets or raises than a lot of people with solid aggressive games. But I also call
with some additional hands and these hands dilute the ag stats. I, of course, feel that these marginal
hands nonetheless win often enough that they are +EV, but this is the aspect of my game I have to watch
most closely and keep looking to refine.

All I can say is that through table selection or good reads or an extended period of running well (in these stats and
10,000+ hands before them)it works for me.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: I\'m an ag in sheep\'s clothing (20k stats post)

Wow. It looks like you're running ridiculously well. Your W$WSF and WTSD are ridiculously high (relative to your W$@SD).

I think your VPIP is a little too high (unless your table selection is ridiculous), and I think you could raise a little more preflop. Other than that, nicely done, and move up already.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:35 PM

you can play 22-23VPIP and have a 2.5ag factor, 1.4 is low regardless of how you explain it

1.8 on the turn is prob fine, but still prob a little too much calling, instead of betting
Old 06-02-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can play 22-23VPIP and have a 2.5ag factor, 1.4 is low regardless of how you explain it

[/ QUOTE ]

If you'll play along this might get interesting (at least to me). Since I see the flop 27.5 times in 100 hands and bet or raise with those hands on the flop about 30 percent of the time that means I bet or raise on the flop with about 9 hands/100.

I'll guess that you have double my flop ag number in full ring play, but you're betting or raising on the flop with 8,9 or 10 hands/100. Is that about right?