Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 12:09 AM

Default My partypoker account is frozen (and not the normal freeze)

Hello. I currently play 6-8 215s at a time through my partypoker account (under my name), and my empire account (through my fiance's name). There are alot of people that do this. However, about 15 hours ago, my partypoker account was frozen when I tried to log in to it. I called the customer service number given, and was told that they (the customer service people) were not given the information as to why my account was frozen, and that the department that froze my account will call me in 24-48?!? hours.

I was not happy with this answer at all, so I demanded to speak to a manager. The manager said that they needed 6-7 horus to 'investigate' my account and that they would call me back. Well I went to sleep and 10 hours later they hadn't called. I call them back and the customer service people again can not tell me why my account is frozen, but this time I have them connect me to the investigations department. This person told me that my account had been flagged for an investigation by IGM and that they were having to go through with looking at the 'flow of money in and out of my account and accounts associated with me'. He said that he needed 16-18 hours and would call me back and that I should not worry.

Should I be worried? Has anything like this happened to anyone else? And no, I have not done any chip-dumping or money laundering or anything of the sort. The only rule of partypoker that I have broke is that I play under someone else's name.

I currently have a large amount of money in my account too, that they assured me was safe, but I just don't like it.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: My partypoker account is frozen (and not the normal freeze)

I would be most concerned about transfers you have made to other players. How many times/people have you chopped with HU?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be most concerned about transfers you have made to other players. How many times/people have you chopped with HU?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 06-02-2005, 04:35 AM

Anyone? This is really starting to bother me.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:43 AM

If they didn't know before, they know now that you play under someone else's name. The information you have given in your post will be very helpful to their investigations team.

Good luck.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:45 AM

my empire account just had the same problem earlier today as well. My problem was fixed when i sent them a photocopy of my driver's license and my friend's driver's license. We both played both accounts on both computers and had the coincidentally had the same pw. It's fixed now.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:46 AM

Sounds like it's just a mistake on Party's part. I'm sure you'll get your account unfrozen and your money back in a short time.

I wouldn't worry at all. Just go to bed and give them some time to figure out they messed up.

Ask for a reload bonus when they apolgize for the mistake. Then give us the bonus code here.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they didn't know before, they know now that you play under someone else's name. The information you have given in your post will be very helpful to their investigations team.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that is true. My partypoker name is not iMsoLucky0, nor should they have any connection between me on 2+2 and me on Partypoker. Thanks for your help though, you really made me feel better. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my empire account just had the same problem earlier today as well. My problem was fixed when i sent them a photocopy of my driver's license and my friend's driver's license. We both played both accounts on both computers and had the coincidentally had the same pw. It's fixed now.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the problem. They have copies of both licenses for both accounts and both are preferred players or whatever. That is why I said not the normal freeze.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like it's just a mistake on Party's part. I'm sure you'll get your account unfrozen and your money back in a short time.

I wouldn't worry at all. Just go to bed and give them some time to figure out they messed up.

Ask for a reload bonus when they apolgize for the mistake. Then give us the bonus code here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that is what I'm hoping. And if they give me a bonus code I'll be sure and share [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]