Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 10:57 PM

Default i cannot believe how soft the stars $100 NL tables are these days!

really! it's almost silly. i remember a year or so ago when i first stepped out of the kiddie pool and into the $100 and $200 NL games, the tables at pokerstars were total rock gardens. a couple months later i discovered limit poker (and proper bankroll managment), then stud (my favorite game) and i hadn't played NL at stars for like nine months, or at all until party fixed their stupid 50BB structure a couple months ago. now, stars seems to be almost as weak as party.

i can't count how many gutshots they've let me hit for free. everyone's raising the minimum preflop, there are a ton of habitual river bluffers, and so on and so forth. (not to mention the 50k players online right now).

how long has it been like this? is this all due to the advertising on TV lately? geez. i am definitly getting back into NL.

(aww fuuk, i just ran my kk into aa... bye bye 200$. still up for the day, though. grrr... i'd forgotten why i quit NL in the first place. that brought it back.)
Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: i cannot believe how soft the stars $100 NL tables are these days!

Are you playing full ring or 6max? I haven't played full ring but I have found the 100NL 6max tables to be really soft the 4-5 times I have played in the last week or so. I have never really played much on stars prior to when they introduced the 6max tables not so long ago though so I have nothing to compare to.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: i cannot believe how soft the stars $100 NL tables are these days!

let us know when you hit the 1 million dollar mark.