Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 10:07 PM

Default JJ (A+ for table selection)

I capped here because:

1. The 3 better might have AK,AQ, or something else I beat

2. I was making a lot of money from the other callers.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (27 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

I would have called a bet here actually getting 22 to 1 (plus implied odds) Would anyone bet?

Turn: (13.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero folds.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: JJ (A+ for table selection)

Though I can't really explain myself, I definitely bet that flop and try to thin the field. One pair against 7 people won't win that many pots. On turn I wouldn't fold just because you cant give up a huge pot like that for 1 bet.

Id like to hear other comments.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:17 PM

1. you dont need to justify capping with JJ...it's always cool

2. WHAT!!! why did u fold that turn? OMG i hope this is a sick joke. folding the turn in a huge pot for one bet because of a 7 that put 3 to a straight and 2 to a flush. not just kittens died here...babies and hot blondes, too.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:19 PM

Joke?
Bet that flop and do not fold that huge pot!!!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:20 PM

Note though that a non raiser bet out on the turn. I think I am drawing to two outs and one is a club so it is tainted.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:21 PM

i read this post and it just made me sick...again. although it could be the fact that i had my wisom teeth removed today i think it's most likely due to that damn turn fold.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. WHAT!!! why did u fold that turn? OMG i hope this is a sick joke. folding the turn in a huge pot for one bet because of a 7 that put 3 to a straight and 2 to a flush. not just kittens died here...babies and hot blondes, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh... you know, we're really starting to mix our signals here. One one hand we talk about the glorious SSH book, and then next we say that capping JJ is always cool.

Does anyone else felt torn 3 different ways to Sunday reading this board these days?

Sigh.

KO
Old 06-01-2005, 10:23 PM

Its not a joke, I did fold. My rationale was that a non PF raiser bet the turn, and the 3 bettor called. Ya the pot is large, but I am WB and am maybe drawing to one solid out. I really don't think this is weak, I don't see how I am ahead at all here.

(but my table selection here kicks ass)
Old 06-01-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. With everyone in the hand here it's a good move but I'm not regularly capping preflop with jacks.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:24 PM

Hey Mac... I think I sat down at a table with you the other day. Not sure what the code phrase of the day is...

For what it's worth, I like your fold. I think you're drawing to 2 outs and you will never get the 2 aces that are in the crowd to fold.

And although I don't think capping JJ is a standard play, I like the adaptation to table dynamics and see that this, indeed is a good place to milk some more money... but you want a looooowwww, disconnected flop. The A on the flop is a killer.

KO

Edit: Okay, 1 out.