Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Paradise or Stars?

So ive got $96 and plan to move to one of these when i have $150 (Enough for .25/.50 games).

Of course i'd like to BonusWhore as much as possible so is it smarter to go to Paradise and get 50% full bonus then stars when i have $600 ($120 bonus) or stars first?

What Games are softer? Software is best? Pokertrack supports both? BBisions hand converter supports both?

I want to post hand historys easily, Use poker tracker etc.

Do both sites allow this? If so will paradise be best?
Old 06-01-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Paradise or Stars?

paradise is MUCH softer than stars (or so I've heard). I'm currently at stars and moving there when I get $200 to do the granny bonus

you should do the same, wait till you get $200, and go through the 2+2 classified adds until you get to the granny bonus.

I'm not too sure about Pokertracker though, I'm waiting untill my roll gets a little bigger till I can buy it.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:27 AM

It will take you approximately forever to clear a bonus at Stars at .25/.50. You only clear bonus with hands which have .50 or more of rake. At .25/.50, that means a 20BB pot. (You will need 5 such hands per dollar of bonus.)
Old 06-01-2005, 09:35 AM

Ah right,

So should i stayu at my current site untill $200?

Its quite poor, Offered no bonus/Reloads, Poor hand historys, Rakes micros 5% (on even 0.02/.04 games), Small "fan base" so opponants know me well and my playing style.

What would you do in this situation?

p.s. I've read gregs Micro Thread.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So should i stay at my current site untill $200?

Its quite poor, Offered no bonus/Reloads, Poor hand historys, Rakes micros 5% (on even 0.02/.04 games), Small "fan base" so opponants know me well and my playing style.

What would you do in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Going for bonuses is pretty tough below .5/1, but there are a few sites to try. Check out some of the CryptoLogic sites (Interpoker, TotalBet, UKBetting, PokerPlex, etc.). I'm not sure how high you have to play to clear their bonuses. Each will have a different plan. Look at the details and choose one.

As for Stars, they have, recently, had so many non-expiring reload bonuses that I have not been keeping up. (I currently have $2,450 in bonuses waiting to clear there.) As I mentioned, they are slow to clear until you get to 3/6 (although 2/4 isn't too bad). You could go ahead and play there knowing that you will have more opportuntities later as your bankroll increases. Just don't plan on getting any of it until you move to .5/1 or higher.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(I currently have $2,450 in bonuses waiting to clear there.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Stike that. Make that $490. It is 2,450 raked hands waiting to be played.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:01 PM

I've never used pokertraker at Paradise, but it works well at stars...get GT+ also. I would wait until you have $200 to do the Granny bonus at Paradise.

- Jim
Old 06-01-2005, 12:19 PM

If you go to Stars because you're unsatisfied with you're current site, you lose nothing. Stars doesn't have a signup bonus, only periodic reloads. I've played at both, and I found Paradise noticibly, but not fantastically, looser. Go to Stars, work your way to $200, and then bounce over to Paradise for the granny bonus. You'll want to move up to .50/1 then, since that's the only way to clear the bonus at any appreciable rate.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll want to move up to .50/1 then, since that's the only way to clear the bonus at any appreciable rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will clear the bonus faster at .5 - 1 but there is no time limit on clearing the bonus. So, if you're more comfortable at .25 - .50 you'll still clear but at a slower rate. Bonus points only accrue when the rake is $.25, which is a $5 pot.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:41 PM

Yeah, I guess that's true. Go to Paradise with $200 and move up to .50/1 at your leisure. Don't dally too long, though, since you'll want to move up to .50/1, clear the bonus, and work up to $500 so you can go to Party.