Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Am I doing this right?

I figure on the flop here he may bs'ing me or have a weak kicker. Was this the right line? Once he called the turn I figured I was beat.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

I gotta 3 bet this turn don't i? If I dom fold to a cap? or fold unimproved on the river?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Am I doing this right?

HMm no takers. I think I am spoiled. I am always lucky enough to have a few ppl respond quickly.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:26 AM

I'm not the most knowledgable but I'll try and make you happy.
I like the way you played this I would play it the same way.. lots of players like to throw a bet in there with A high when the board pairs. I would have played this the same way.
I'm not sure I would have 3 bet this turn either, maybe I'm playing scared. I would have played this the same as well.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:34 AM

I am concerned I am playing a little weak. Those buggers on Stars seem to slow playing from top pair up. I am a little paranoid.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:49 AM

I play both the same way barring a read. It's a little lag to 3-bet the turn in hand two with just TPTK.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:58 AM

I like both of them. I would not play them any differently.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I gotta 3 bet this turn don't i?

[/ QUOTE ]

SB has been checkraising both the flop and the turn. That usually indicates a very strong hand, so I would never 3-bet here with top pair.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:05 AM

1st hand: I'm putting BB on J-weak kicker. Therefore, you're beat, so your river check seems ok.

2nd hand: I figure he had AA or KK, maybe QQ although if he had QQ then he played it stupidly. UTG had a J? Anyway, I would have folded this on the flop, since you did not improve and are likely up against a pp of some kind. I reckon the Q on the turn puts you ahead of UTG, but that still leaves you with -probably- the second best hand.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:22 AM

Hand 1 is good: you are likely ahead on the river but you are not going to be called by a worse hand nearly often enough for the river bet to be +ev.

Hand 2 I like too. You have to call the initial flop bet with overcards and a backdoor nut flush draw getting 10-1 immediately. Once the sb checkraises for the second time on the turn you must be behind to a set or something but I still call down in such a big pot.

I think a read would really help here, if you had any sense of how aggressive sb was postflop it could quickly swing this from a call down to a fold.
sred