Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Call, Call, Call

BB is unknown. UTG is super loose and relatively passive, but he has taken to betting a lot of flops, especially in raised pots, but he will back off if played back at.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Rico is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Rico raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Rico calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, Rico calls.

plan was to call the flop and raise a non threatening turn...then sb goes and gets frisky on me.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, Rico calls.

I plan on calling down
Old 05-31-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Call, Call, Call

How did he get frisky? He raised the flop and followed through on the turn. This seems like an easy raise to me. If not on the turn, then on the river.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:17 AM

Can we lay this down if we get three bet? with 4 outs to the nuts and 3 to a possible split, I could see call, call UI. I would just hate to get three bet in this pot as I think we must call, and we lose one BB assuming we can check fold the river UI.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:25 AM

Raise the flop. You want to get people holding a single [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to fold.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:36 AM

If you raise the flop there are 10 SB in the pot, and people after you are calling 2. That's 5-1 with four to the flush and 2 cards to come. Unless they've started recruiting the incompetent to play 3/6, raising isn't folding any [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 06-01-2005, 12:53 AM

They don't have to recruit the incompetent to play 3/6, they come on their own. Also, are you calling with a hand like 6c, 6h in that spot? Probably not, but some donkey at 3/6 will be all excited about his "flush draw" and call, unless you make it too expensive.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you raise the flop there are 10 SB in the pot, and people after you are calling 2. That's 5-1 with four to the flush and 2 cards to come. Unless they've started recruiting the incompetent to play 3/6, raising isn't folding any [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct... you are not going to fold any player holding a heart... but you want players to fold a Q or K on their gutshot draw... On a dangerous and coordinated board like that you want to do everything you can to fold possible hands to beat you. Raising the flop is a must!!

Reason being is that you make SB and UTG define the texture of their hands. If SB comes along on flop with a cold-call then beware of heart... if he comes along and 3-bets the flop then you have definite problems... but you have forced the SB to properly define his hand, and you can play accordingly!!

I think a call is a must on turn... but a fold on river if UI if probably necessary... unless you have a read that says otherwise!
Old 06-01-2005, 09:52 AM

anyone in the morning crowd want me to raise somewhere.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:00 AM

Calling down seems fine to me Rico. I don't really like a raise because he's representing a pretty strong hand, I think you may be ahead 50% of the time or so, but I wouldn't want to fold at any point. So call..call... looks good to me.