Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Baby SFD in big pot

Nice loose table. UTG+1 is a new friend (40/0/.4) in less than 20 hands.

I think my only wins are the SF and the Str8. Should I have been jamming this thing all the way or hope to win a decent pot with a straight and a bigger one if SF comes on 4th or 5th street?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (13.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

&lt;Edited subject&gt;
Old 05-31-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Baby SFD in big pot

3 bet the flop. There's a very real chance that you have the best hand on the flop. You also have a ginormous draw and a ton of equity here. GIven that turn I'd probably lead the turn too, but that depends on the flop action, of course.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:41 PM

3-bet on the flop. If there was ever a time to jam the flop, it's here.

Jon
Old 05-31-2005, 06:43 PM

3bet that flop everytime if you lead out. At party people don't fold flops, therefore, don't worry about losing all your customers. You have top pair with an OESFD (looks like 17 clean outs to me and you might already have the best hand), don't slow down.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:53 PM

I think I have the best hand on the flop but I don't think the flush outs are good.

But I agree, I should have 3-bet the flop. I'm a knucklehead.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:11 PM

how do you not 3-bet that flop after all those cold callers??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

edit: ok, i thought the CO called too, but still 2 takers is plenty to jam that flop.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I have the best hand on the flop but I don't think the flush outs are good.

But I agree, I should have 3-bet the flop. I'm a knucklehead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting hand. I'm with you that I dont think the flush outs are clean. On this board, with no cards in a natural high card playing zone, and no preflop raiser, your flush outs could well be dominated by an ace-rag limper. On the other hand, you have 2 clean outs to trips, plus 6 clean outs to a str8. Even assuming your flush outs are heavily discounted, you can jam this flop.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:11 PM

3bet this flop

EDIT: I just read the other posts. I am boring. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 09:43 PM

I think you should definitely 3-bet the flop. You have a monster draw and can trap the entire field. I'd also lead any turn. If the cards fell the way they did in the hand I would probably check the river and call.