Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 10:29 AM

Default A pretty simple Razz hand....

I had a game at my house last night, and there is someone there that is convinced Razz is a card catching game, and really likes to just play anything against me, because he knows I like Razz, and he gets enjoyment out of sucking out on me. He is in Seat 1.

3rd Street

Seat 1: (xx xx) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Seat 2: (xx xx) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Seat 3: (7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Seat 4: (xx xx) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bring In, Folds, Raises, Folds, Calls

4th Street:

Seat 1: (xx xx) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Seat 3: (7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Check, Bet, Call

5th Street:

Seat 1: (xx xx) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Seat 3: (7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Check, bets, calls

6th Street:

Seat 1: (xx xx) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Seat 3: (7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Bets, Folds

Anything?....I know some of the people who have read Sklansky on Poker notice that I probably should have checked 5th Street, but I thought there was a decent enough chance that either he paired 4's there, or he wasn't drawing so smooth as to be a favorite, so I bet. I think I have to lay it down when he bets into me now.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Re: A pretty simple Razz hand....

Oh yes, and it's 15/30 Ante 3, BI 5. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2005, 07:30 PM

for real? He plays anything? if that's the case you gotta call down obviously. If he could have anything above a 9 in the hole, then call down for sure.

frankly I'm not convinced you aren't ahead here either way, if somebody's calling with a j... couldn't he have an a in the hole? I mean, if you're going to call with a j up, if it's just a given that you're willing to do that, shouldn't you have 2 cards between a5 in the hole?

You can't suddenly give a person making a retarded play full credit for making an appropriate one. He's gonna have j high with an a or 4 in the hole often enough that you must call through regardless of how you catch.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:12 PM

I should rephrase that. He will call me with a high door card if his other cards are playable. He is looser than he should be, especially when he is in the bring in. In order for him to call my bet on 4th, he of course couldn't pair aces. He is a decent player, he just plays too many hands. I thought it was pretty apparent he made a seven here, since he called the two bets, (meaning he couldn't possibly have paired) and then bet when the seven hit. I had to think I was behind here.