Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Math questions for newbies

Need a little help here.

My boss knows I play cards allot, and win. Her kids (17 years old) are starting to get caught up in the poker frenzy. I told her I would help them (hard to say no when you get the benifit for showing up tired and saying you won allot the night before), she doesnt want them to lose allot of money or be degenerates.

I figured explaining the math and actual skill it takes would help. Any ideas what I can ask them or show them, considering that they dont know math wise, Im assuming they know nill. They win allot in their home games (25 bucks, which i guess is good for their games). But after talking to them they dont know much.

Need ideas on how to ask questions (that arent crazy) that they wont know, to let them know they dont know much, but without pissing them off. I know the obvious answers are telling them to read 2+2 books. But i dont wanna throw them into the deeppend. Just want to let them know there is more skill involved in winning then they might have. Again, they are not total fish, but just have decent insticts and play against total fish. Just need to humble them, with out say playing them and beating them (not good for job).

Any information or questions would be appreciated. Since I am kind of related to their poker lives, I dont want them jumping onto the internet and getting killed. Or thinking they are better then they are are jumping to high to soon because they have ok results.