Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Q9o on button - laggy trickster

I have been trying to go to showdown a bit more. Is this one I should be showing down? Villain is laggy, VP$IP 40% and PFR 18%. Bluffs too much, I have seen him bluff and bluff CR the turn on scary boards more than once during this session.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

I don't really think he will fold here but I think I have a good chance of checking through the turn instead since he is so fond of check-raising.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Wrong? Ok? How about that turn check, ugly?
Old 05-30-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Q9o on button - laggy trickster

This line works for me- I don't like a call on that flop at all. Looks like this villain will bet any busted draw on the river as a bluff so checking the turn and inducing it seems fine.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:40 PM

Let's talk about the flop bet. How much fold equity do we have, and how often is he going to check-raise the flop? I could see him trying that with a flush draw or JT.
EDIT: OK, maybe I do like it. He's more prone to check-raise the turn, and there's always the chance that your A-K-Q-9 high is the best hand.

The 9 on the turn is a blank. I can't imagine that he thinks it looks scary to you. That said, if he check raises you on that turn, it increases the chances that he has a king or ace.

I think I like your line now of checking the turn. This allows him to bluff at it, and reduces the chance of you getting check-raised by a real hand.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:48 PM

I like it but I fold the river if a heart comes
Old 05-30-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if he had a straight draw and is bluffing, representing a flush?
Old 05-30-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad. I think you should be finding reasons to call the "laggy trickster", not to fold. Don't be so worried about the flush.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Results

Thanks for the replies guys. This time he had a hand, K5o.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's talk about the flop bet. How much fold equity do we have, and how often is he going to check-raise the flop? I could see him trying that with a flush draw or JT.
EDIT: OK, maybe I do like it. He's more prone to check-raise the turn, and there's always the chance that your A-K-Q-9 high is the best hand.

The 9 on the turn is a blank. I can't imagine that he thinks it looks scary to you. That said, if he check raises you on that turn, it increases the chances that he has a king or ace.

I think I like your line now of checking the turn. This allows him to bluff at it, and reduces the chance of you getting check-raised by a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he would fold if he had absolute rags which is possible since he is loose. But I think he could/would CR the turn with either a draw or an 8 (which would really suck for me) as well as an ace or king... and going to showdown for 2BB more than necessary with third pair doesn't really appeal to me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]