Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 01:17 PM

Default 78o From BB

Sorry guys, Typed this out myself - Converter doesn't support this syntax - Will put a program together to convert my history to stars so i can use converter soon.

NO READS - Just sat down.

0.05/.10 Game - 9 Ring Table.
Preflop: Hero is BB with 78o

1 fold, 2 Called, 2 Folds, 2calls, Hero Checks, Sb Completes.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB Checks, Hero Bets, 2calls, 1 fold, 2calls.

Just flopped 2 pair, Straight on the board(Potentially) I'm betting! (Close the field, Build the pot, See if i get agression back).

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB Checks, Hero Bets, 1fold, 3calls.

With no reraise but callers i'm assuming 1pair/2pair maximum and no straight.

River:9BB's
9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero Bets, 1 fold, 1 Calls, Sb Folds

Board pairs, Dam - I bet out, See if i can take the pot down(I doubt anyone holding 9 will fold).

Showdown to follow.

Comments? I hate hands like this, Big Blind specials lol.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: 78o From BB

Without reads I play it the same. Just one thing. You wrote that on the flop you were trying to build a pot. It's a mistake to think like this. You don't want to build a pot with bottom 2 pair. You want to win it and get it over with. Your hand is very vulnerable as seen here, as now any lone 9 beats you.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:24 PM

Yeh ads - I wasn't sure why i was betting besides to close down this to HU or make them all fold by betting fast/reraising.

Soon as board pairs im worried.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:31 PM

I don't like the river-bet. You lose against any 9 or a flush (or any slowplayed hand...). Even with the intention to fold, if raised, it's not good at all to bet the river. The rest of the hand was played just normal.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the river-bet. You lose against any 9 or a flush (or any slowplayed hand...). Even with the intention to fold, if raised, it's not good at all to bet the river. The rest of the hand was played just normal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh thought the same.

What do you mean by "Normal" would you play it any better way ? If so how/what difference?

Thanks.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:37 PM

I would probably end up playing this the same way as you, but I'd like to throw an alternative play out there, and see what people think. How would it be to check the flop, hoping for a late position bet you could check-raise? I know you can't count on anyone to bet this, but your bet won't chase anyone out who caught a piece of the flop. Since there are a lot of turn cards that would be bad for us, I'm thinking it would be OK to wait until a good card on the turn (like you got) to come out firing the first bet.

Thoughts?
Old 05-30-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

check / call the river then?
Old 05-30-2005, 01:42 PM

But if they bet, They may have a straight and were behind and wasted the bet.

Dont we gain more information from betting, If raised we can be fairly sure 2pair/straight?
Old 05-30-2005, 01:42 PM

The river bet is OK. A slow-played straight would have probably made itself heard by now. A raise from a 9 on this river is unlikely, and a call from a middle pair is likely. There's no flush.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:47 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
check / call the river then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so.
Some guys will bet a 8 (which you beat with your 2nd pair of 7s), some guys will bluff with a busted straight draw and some guys will not bet with a 9.

(I don't like bet-fold in low-limit-holdem for many reasons. If I would have bet, I also would have called a raise.)