Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 03:24 AM

Default sigh

First time in a year, lost 200+ BB in a day. Just wanted to share, feel free to ignore.

Oh yes, this was in 10/20.

Hate poker.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: sigh

feeling your pain. i was just coming back up 100BB the last few days from a 300BB downswing(5-10), only to have it wiped out today. i also hate poker. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 03:32 AM

Default christ

damn buddy.

you know better than i it's just a shitty day. whatever you do, keep playing... and posting! i learn so much from your posts even when i don't respond.

hrmm... if you feel tilty and are thinking about taking a break, AOE3 is about to come out! i'm sure we could round up some of the ol' geeks a couple nights a week for some no-brainer fun.

fuster
Old 05-29-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: christ

that sounds like fun. i might need to get into a computer game hardcore for a while to get my head straight.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:36 AM

That pretty much pretty awful. Im currently on a 300b downswing at 10-20
I suck at poker
Old 05-29-2005, 03:42 AM

Default RTS

i heartilly recommend real time strategy games for many reasons.

i've been a board game junkie since i could spell game. i'm new to poker, but having been a chess player for a while, i understand the value of 'taking a break'.

real-time strategy games are an excellent way of relaxing, while keeping the intellect 'entertained'. most of them become boring after 6 months of play. but, the adrenaline rush, comaradarie of team games, and goofy factor are surely good for an analytical type who plays a serious game too seriously [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: christ

I always feel tilty. Yesterday I was just delirious. I thought AOE3 wasnt due until x-mas?
Old 05-29-2005, 01:42 PM

What makes it worse imo, is that it happened after a crappy May too. Not like I was on a heater and am finally giving back a little bit. No, this was over 50% of what I made.

I actually thought about not playing and just finishing up a good May. Oops.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:46 PM

and clownshoes plays goot too-

Here I am whining about 100 bb seession losses at $5-10 no less. I think 100-125 bigbets you gotta call it a day. At least that's my gameplan going forward.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:54 PM

you gotta be carefull playing at the end of months sometimes-when you have a decent month going you hate to blow half of it away in one session-back off a bit.

I'm sure in the back of your mind you were thinking oh fock I dont want to give a huge chunk back 3 days from the end of the month-before you know it.. it is half a chunk then 3/4's then a full chunk and you are swearing at yourself...back the heck off. when you feel things slipping away sometimes you just arent going to recoup -it's rare but you get a feeling it may be one of those nites when you continuously lose hands you should be winning ie losing to 3 and 5 outers over and over.