Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Does this suck with AQs?

No specific reads at the table other than it's pretty soft.

Should I have dumped this hand on the flop. And considering that I didn't, did I play it correctly on the turn and river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
Old 05-29-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: Does this suck with AQs?

With no read on the villian, I play it the same.

The alternative is to raise the flop &amp; fold to a 3-bet or turn check/raise, but I'd rather just call the flop bet &amp; see what the turn brings. When it brings your Q, this becomes an easy calldown. If he's got the K, that's poker.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:37 AM

I might've tossed in a raise on the river. I doubt he has a king. Maybe he has a six or maybe a pocket pair, but I would be expect to win this one. Bad players will pay off most river raises as long as they have a pair, so I think that would be the line I'd take. You could probably fold to a 3bet unless youve seen him get out of line on the river before. But I definitely think worse hands will pay you off on the river.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:37 AM

mmmm I would be tempted to flop raise here, if he 3 bets back, I would let it go. If he has a K most players would sit back and wait for your betting and pop you a turn raise.

anyone else agree?
Old 05-29-2005, 08:05 AM

This hand is not exactly the same as this hand but similar IMO.

Against an unknown I call this down heads-up with A-high. A flop raise is bad I think because you won't get any relaible information and if he's bluffing you make him stop. I would definitely raise this river though.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:07 AM

I would raise the flop here as well folding to a re-raise. If he calls, I would be concerned about his slowplaying a K, but I would usually call down unless I know the player...

A lot of players make a bet/fold play on flops like this.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:20 AM

raising the flop will imo giv u a better idea wether villain has a king or not and i'd fold to a 3bet personally. But the way you played it seems fine also and once the queen hits the turn its an easy call down.