Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Poker Made my Girlfriend Cry (no real content)

Was playing 20/40 Kill last night and the game was very, very soft. So much so that I decided to get my girlfriend to come over from her 4-8 game and play at my table. She put up $200 and I put up $800 for her. She was extremelly nervous but I told her if she just played the exact same way she always does she would be fine.

Her 3rd hand was a kill pot and she was on the button. On limper to her and she called with AJo. The BB who posted the kill (very weak player) raises and 3 players see the flop. Flop comes JJ5 rainbow. My girlfriend checks, BB bets, one fold, she calls. Turn card is an 8. She bets, BB raises, she 3-bets, he 4-bets, she calls. River is a 2 and she check calls. BB has 88 for the boat. Result: -$520.

Within 10 minutes she picks up KJs on the button. a limper or two, she calls, BB raises and she calls. Flop comes 9TJ and she doesn't improve losing to AA. Result: -$120

Within another 10 minutes this hand comes up. She is on the button with QQ. It is raised to her and she 3 bets, BB caps, and original raiser tries to raise again. At this point she looks at me in disgust knowing she is against AA. She calls. Flop come Q73 two clubs. BB bets, AA raises, she 3 bets, BB caps. Turn is a 10 of clubs. BB bets, AA calls, she raises, BB 3-bets, and she now looks at me thinking BB has AK of clubs. AA calls she calls. River is K of diamonds. BB bets, AA calls, and she angrily calls all-in for $30. BB shows KK, for top set, AA still thinks he won the pot for about 2 minutes. Result: -$310.

Final result: 25 minutes, -$1000. Hard to explain to her that she played perfect while she is crying so I cashed out and we went home. She laughed about it today but probably because it was mostly my money.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Poker Made my Girlfriend Cry (no real content)

[ QUOTE ]
Her 3rd hand was a kill pot and she was on the button. On limper to her and she called with AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Within 10 minutes she picks up KJs on the button. a limper or two, she calls

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hard to explain to her that she played perfect

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha
Old 05-26-2005, 04:17 PM

Yeah, I'd have lost more than a dime too.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:27 PM

Sorry, should have said hard to explain that if she played perfect she would have went broke faster, but thanks for being an ass.

I would also contend that in a loose passive game the KJ call is fine and I told her she should have raised the AJo, and she admitted the kill made her nervous.

You are telling me that you wouldn't go broke in those exact situations?
Old 05-26-2005, 05:37 PM

Where do you meet girls that respect your money so much that they actually start crying over spending it? Or was it over the 200 of her own??

If only I could get my girlfriend to start crying over spending my money.....she wouldnt be able to stop laughing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]