Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2002, 08:06 PM

Default Delta Poker Review

Delta Poker has been around for ages, but I have only just got around to completing a review for the site.

The graphics and rake table cannot really be displayed on this forum, you will have to visit www.onlinepokerreview.com for this, but you get the idea from what I have shown here
Games Offered

Delta PokerClub offer Hold'em, 7-Card Stud (both High and Low) and Omaha Poker

Limits and Rake

Delta PokerClub offers games limits from $1/$4 through to $15/$30. The rake structure is shown below.

Up to $1/$2

No players
$5 pot
$10 pot
$15 pot
max

2-10
$0.25
$0.50
$0.75
$1.00

$2/$4 up to $10/20

No Players
$20 pot
$40 pot
$60 pot
max

2-3
$1.00

$1.00

4-5
$1.00
$1.00

$2.00

6+
$1.00
$1.00
$1.00
$3.00

$15/$30 and above

No Players
$40 pot
$80 pot
$120 pot
max

2-3
$1.00

$1.00

4-5
$1.00
$1.00

$2.00

6+
$1.00
$1.00
$1.00
$3.00

At Heads-Up Tables;

Maximum of $1 Rake - Taken when the pot reaches $20

At Heads-Up Tables of $10/20 and above;

Maximum of $1 Rake - $0.50 at $20 and $0.50 at $40

This rake is comparable to most other sites. However, good value is offered for $1/$2 games where a max of $1 is taken and heads up games where $1 is also taken

Player Traffic

Delta PokerClub, next to Paradise Poker, are the second oldest poker room established in 1998. The site does next to no advertising and relies on its friendly atmosphere and word of mouth to attract new customers. They pride them selves on being a small poker room, more like a club with great customer support. As they say on their website "In fact, our main objective is to replicate all the fun and excitement of the kitchen table poker games you organize at home for you and your friends from time to time". For this reason traffic at the site in not good at all. There is usually a game starting around 7-8 PM Eastern Standard Time. What form and limits depend on who's around that night although Hold'em is more popular than the other games. The site actually functions more like a home game than a net site.

Playability

I have only ventured to this site a few times. There is a funny culture where everyone knows everyone's game. This can be a little be daunting for a new player. But after a while you too start to know everyone's game. The standard of play in the games that I have been involved in has been pretty good. Not that many fish at all.

Software and Extra Features

The sever runs smoothly and as you can see above the graphics are nice and simple. I think one of the main reasons why there are few server troubles is the volume of players is low.

Site Security

The poor site traffic would usually suggest a site was in trouble. However, Delta PokerClub has been running for years with this sort of traffic. They must keep expenses very low.