Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Vegas WSOP SnG\'s

Getting excited...Vegas in 5 days...

anyways, I have heard good things about the WSOP single table qualifiers for the smaller events at the Rio. Does anyone know the blind structure/starting chip amount in these games?

Also, how tough are these tournaments? I love playing SnG's online, but have never played one live. Are they juicy enough that one is able to make a steady profit only playing these games and cutting proper deals when it gets down to the last two?

I have heard that most are 164 buy ins, and the game of choice is usually whatever type event is starting the next day...is this correct?

sorry for these simple questions, I have never been to Vegas and am trying to get a feel for what I can expect. If this has been answered in another post I apologize. Thanks for your help...

Jon
Old 05-26-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Vegas WSOP SnG\'s

Yeah, I'm excited too. But I have to wait until June 30th.

Anyway, I'm not the expert as last year was my first. I too was only an online sng player, but I've found the small $50 sng at the wsop to be tighter than online. It was not difficult in my opinion, as I won my first one. The top 2 players in the $50 got free entries into the super satellite $225 for wsop main event seats. I heard this year that you will get lammers instead, which can be used for another sng or super. I could be wrong though.
Good luck to you.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:57 PM

I played in 5 $65 SNG (qualifer to the $500+50 buyin) at the WSOP circuit in new orleans. Started with $300 in chips, blinds were 15 min and started at 5/15 -> 10/25 -> 25/50 and so on. I managed to win my first, and chopped 2 more (three way and two way). I played pretty tight, but got lucky on some coinflips. I didn't play in the $500+$50 so I just sold my entry chips to a guy I was playing against.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:42 PM

Perseus, I'll be out in Vegas June 1-6, so maybe I'll see you out at Rio in some of these SnGs. I'll throw out a "sup bro" (a dead giveaway that someone is 2+2, btw) when I sit. My understanding is that the $125 buy in SnGs are 10 handed, and pay out two $500 tourney entry chips plys $120 cash to the winner. From what I read somewhere else, the $175's are more popular. Who knows...
Old 05-26-2005, 04:33 PM

I'll be out there also so be prepared to talk about your all-conference play in '95. Hope to see you both.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:38 PM

I seem to recall in McManus' book he talked about Annie Duke and Hasan Habib, amongst others, playing in the $1K sng sats to the main event long after they had their seats because the games were so good. Of course, this was before the current poker boom. I suspect there are many juicier games now (and that the sats are even softer).
Old 05-26-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be out there also so be prepared to talk about your all-conference play in '95. Hope to see you both.

[/ QUOTE ]

All-conference play?
Old 05-26-2005, 07:14 PM

Are there satellites for the non NL games? Is there a sat for EVENT 17 - the $2,500 limit holdem tournament?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 07:27 PM

Yeah I sure hope so...this is one event I really want to play (well, along with the other 32 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

When I get out there I have a house with internet access so I can post anything I find starting next Thursday (when we move into the house)
Old 05-26-2005, 08:51 PM

Ok fellas i went down there the 2nd day these sats started here's the deal. Sats run 9 am- 9 pm and run on interest only. Starting chips and time for each level are determind by the buy in for the sat. Hmm when u go they have the sheets i do remember most of the structures for the 125,175,225,530 and 1k sat buyins , u can just PM me or somethin and i'll give u what i remember of them. I was going to play in one myself but went at like 11pm hoping to run into a sat full of drunks however i was out of luck. Each sat awards different prizes of course $125 sat is 2 $500 chips, $175 is 3 $ 500 chips,225 is 4 $ 500 chips,$530 is 10 $ 500 chips and the 1k is 20 $ 500 chips, and each winner gets $120 in cash that im sure the moron dealer is going to want as a tip. The dealers at the Rio when i went were horrid, i think one dealer misdealt 3 hands in a row, i think in my 4 hours of play there i had 1 good dealer. Anyways i hoped this helped someone. Maybe i'll make my way down there this weekend for a sat [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]