Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 07:58 AM

Default programmer needed - will pay

Hi guys

I want a piece of software like 'fold em' that will auto fold my hands during play so that I can play more tables. It has been suggested to me that this software is illegal, but I have checked with Eurobet ( a party skin) and it isnt. Unfortunately, the guy who developed fold em isnt responding to emails and seems like a complete donk!!

However, now that I know this software is possible, I cant wait to start 20 tabling. Im willing to pay someone a decent wage to develop this software for me, or I can buy it from anyone who will put the time into developing it.

Cheers

Bingo
Old 05-26-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: programmer needed - will pay

[ QUOTE ]
but I have checked with Eurobet ( a party skin) and it isnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Elaborate please.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:51 PM

I made a post here a week or so ago asking about an alternative to fold-em. I was told here that using this software could be detrimental to your bankroll, (confiscation) but I have an email from Eurobet saying that software add ons are fine, (except bot type programs) as long as you are over 18.

Just to clarify what I would like the software to do, as Ive had a few replies to my request for help. In short....everything that fold-em does, plus a little more. Foldem allows you to predetermine a range of hands from any position that you would like to play. All hands outside this range will be folded without human intervention. You have the ability to pre-save hand range templates for use on tight, loose, aggressive, passive tables etc, and can switch between them as the table demands it.

One additional feature I would like in the software is the ability to only see a table window when a decision is needed, and for that window to stay open until a decision has been made.

So, if you wanted to play ultra tight, and only see AA-TT 7OTB, then the table window would never 'pop up' when you are in that position unless you have AA-TT. When it does pop up, it would remain there until you decided what to do. Once the decision is made, it would vanish.

I hope this clears up what I am after....I can promise a decent hourly rate to whoever takes up this programming job.

Cheers

Bingo
Old 05-26-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(except bot type programs)

[/ QUOTE ]

That settles it.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:19 PM

i dont care what euro says, its wrong. having software that tracks your opponents patterns (PT/GT etc) is one thing, having a program that does work for you is another.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:43 PM

Um, what you described IS a bot-type program.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:25 PM

The distinction between what is "bot-like" and what is acceptable is bound to become a larger issue in the near future.

This is just a request for an "auto-fold" feature, with the added ability to make his own decision when it is not a mindless one. So he's asking for a software tool at the most basic level of machine intervention and i'm not surprised the poker sites don't object to its use.

With the prevalence of online collusion, and the real-time analysis capabilities provided to savvy players by PT, PO, Poker Academy, TTHM, etc., this isn't even the proverbial raindrop in the ocean.

Online poker lends itself to increased automation and the application of state-of-the-art AI technology (actually, its the perfect playground [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]). Serious players who refuse to recognize this are choosing a -EV starting point.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:00 PM

"folded without human intervention"

** This is a bot. **

Correspondence saying "software add-ons are OK"...
Is extremely vague.

Why don't you post the email.

If this is actually OK with Party Poker...
I could have a "Pre-Flop Bot" done in a month or two.
(I have a full time trading business...
So it's not a priority).

Has Party ever posted a list or specific guidelines...
In terms of what software is acceptable?

My understanding is no.

If it's gray area stuff or banned...
Then you better spend a lot of time...
Designing "anti-detection measures"...
Such as running your Bot on a different computer...
Or running multiple virtual machines on one computer...
Programming random behavior into the Bot, etc...

Remember...
They take screen shots...
And can see exactly what you see.

I'd bet that most sites have Shill Bots...
Playing and filling out the tables.

rm+

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Has Party ever posted a list or specific guidelines...
In terms of what software is acceptable?

My understanding is no.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
7. Anti-Cheating Software.

We are committed to detecting and preventing software programs which are designed to enable artificial intelligence ("AI Software") to play on our site such as, but not limited to opponent-profiling, player collusion, cheating software or anything else that we deem enables you to have an unfair advantage over other players. You acknowledge that the Company will take measures to detect and prevent the use of such programs and AI Software using methods including but not limited to screen scraping or reading the list of currently running programs on a player's computer and you agree not to use any AI Software and/or any such programs.

[/ QUOTE ] link
Old 05-27-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online poker lends itself to increased automation and the application of state-of-the-art AI technology (actually, its the perfect playground [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]). Serious players who refuse to recognize this are choosing a -EV starting point.

[/ QUOTE ]

So as automated programs become more feasible, bots become acceptable?

Come on, man. This isn't a matter of backwards-minded people who think zippers are evil, bots are illegal no matter how good they become.

-2kF