Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Question about Books and Microlimit

Ok,
So I've been playing for about a month and I beginning to get a feel for the Mcro-limits. Before I started a month ago, i was playing some pretty awful NL home games, I had my head up my ass as much as anybody at the table, I crack that game petty consistently now, thats how bad it is. Anyways, I've played about 5,000 hands at Empire .5/1 , I've won like 350ish, my BB/100 is 9.01. All that considered, Im still feeling very inadequate as far as my knowledge goes. The only thing I've read so far Is Texas Hold Em For Advanced Players, and yeah I know, Im not advanced, and yeah its for 10-20$, but a friend recommended it and I really didnt know what was out there as far as material. I've used his preflop strategy to really tighten my game up a lot more, my post flop is a mess. I've kinda decided that I need to put this on the shelf till i've built a soild base of knowledge, I've since ordered SSHE.
So my question,
What should I read to get a better sense of pot odds, implied odds, etc... I need soemthing that will give me a clear understanding of this stuff? The stuff in HEPAP was pretty thin, 3 pgs I think.

Anything else that I should read, even if its not 2+2 , please recommend, especially postflop play.

Thanks
Mike