Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Game Theory: Analysis of Conflict...anyone read it?

link

I ordered this last week along with a couple of other books. Just wondering if anyone has read it and what they thought of it. Seems to be the most in depth book on game theory that I've run across, and from the reviews on amazon is well written.

Opinions?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Game Theory: Analysis of Conflict...anyone read it?

There are numerous posts on game theory books in the archives if you can find them. Basically most game theory is not applicable to poker because it is too complex to analyze. TOP by DS and Strategy In Poker, Business and War by McDonald, and Poker Strategy: Winning With Game Theory by Nesmith Ankeny have all that is reasonably applicable. Most game theory books deal with economics, and understanding the writings of John Nash will not help you in any way with poker. You can also google for University of Alberta + poker for projects on AI poker simulation software, but again due to the complexity of mulithanded poker, most such projects only analyze headsup situations.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Game Theory: Analysis of Conflict...anyone read it?

Thanks, I'm not really interested in the book for any relation to poker though. Since there are alot of educated and well read folk on the board I figured there was a good chance someone here may have read it and could give me a more firsthand review.