Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Cut my session short

because I feel like I've got with my head up my ass. Some hands--sorry to those who, like me, like one hand per thread. I figure the common ground of all of these is that I'm a moron. Comments on all streets appreciated:

SB is a tag, probably one of you f**kers. BB is a moron, 63/8/1.1 or so over 75 hands. He'll call down with any piece.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

River: (11.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.16 BB

SB is a LPP. I figured the pot was small.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

__________________________________________________ ____

This game was loose enough for the limp. CO was bad. 40 hands, 52/15/1.3--not many hands, but really, he was bad. He called down in small pots with gutshots, called with k-high once on a raggy board too.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

CO is somewhat taggy pre-flop, a tad loose, and a bit passive postflop. Pretty good though.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

__________________________________________________ __

BB is slightly loose passive. If I take this line to I have to bet the river? Should I have simply folded the flop and moved on?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

Old 05-24-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Cut my session short

Hand 1:
Fold on the flop. He only raises 8% of the time, and he 3bet into you.
Hand 2:
You are 5 to 1 to make your outside right? Plus your Q may be good, I think you have implied odds to see the river.
Hand 3:
Not much to say about hand 3, if you are going to play 44 UTG, I don't think this is a bad line.
Hand 4:
Eh... That sux, I don't like the river bet though. I guess it is ok if you fold to a raise.
Hand 5:
I like folding the flop, unless he is complete bluffing donk
Old 05-24-2005, 10:52 PM

hand 1 - i usually just call this flop, closing the action at 11.33:1 and fold the turn UI

hand 2 - can't you peel to see the river, surely he'll pay off a raise?

hand 3 - what's going on here?

hand 4 - probably wrong, but i think i'd play it the same.

somebody chime in on hand 4 and enlighten me on a better line.

hand 5 - easy flop fold - small pot, 1 overcard + bd straight draw is all you got goin for you
Old 05-24-2005, 10:54 PM

Hand 1: I don't think you gain any value by raising this flop. I most likely call and fold the turn UI.
Hand 2: You gotta make this call with your outs to the OESD and I think your Q outs here are good a lot of the time.
Hand 3: Check fold the flop.
Hand 4: Looks good to me.
Hand 5: If you are gonna raise, take your free card on the turn and fold the river UI. However, I think this pot is small enough to fold.