Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 06:27 PM

Default pp 30-60 four bet turn bluff???

i have no notes just basic reads. i am in the bb with a5 of clubs. two of the button openraises and i call. the flop comes 346. i check and he bets. my plan is to make the hand or attempt to take the pot away on the turn. the turn is a delicious 6 or diamonds putting two diamonds on the board. i bet and he auto-three bets. i looked deep into his soul and clicked raise. am i spewing chips or is this a reasonable play. btw, i think my table image is of a tight and reasonable player.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: pp 30-60 four bet turn bluff???

He open-raised from late position, so he doesn't have to have big cards. That board could have hit him. When he put in the third bet on the turn, he's probably planning to see the showdown. This was a bad play imo. You should most likely call because of the pot size, and check-fold unless you improve, in which case I would bet and call a raise.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:39 PM

How often do you see a player fold after 3-betting the turn heads up on Party? I'd estimate about 1 time in 50.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:00 PM

what's your party screen name?
Old 05-25-2005, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you see a player fold after 3-betting the turn heads up on Party? I'd estimate about 1 time in 50.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He open-raised from late position, so he doesn't have to have big cards. That board could have hit him. When he put in the third bet on the turn, he's probably planning to see the showdown. This was a bad play imo. You should most likely call because of the pot size, and check-fold unless you improve, in which case I would bet and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats the standard twoplustwo response. but, my read was that he had a big ace and thought i was making a move. so, he thought, he was slick and was going to three bet and check down his ace high. i saw that as an opening to four bet and make him fold the best hand.
although i agree it is generally a bad move, but most of the players that lose in 30-60 pp are fish because of there overagressivenesss and i thought this was a good time to exploit that.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:07 PM

I cant decide if the water in Guadeloupe is going to your head or not. I know you only make this play probably twice a year, which may or may not be too much I'm not sure. Anyhow if he over aggro and your past history with him made you think it was a good time for a move, fine. You probably have 11 outs, either the ace or your kicker will also be good a lot of time. I'm not crazy about it, but the resonses you got were far worse than your play in this hand. "He raised from late position so he doesnt have big cards" was my favorite. FWIW, sometimes I get big cards in late position, and when I'm really feeling brave I might even raise with them. But you do stink, he got that part right though. See ya soon.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cant decide if the water in Guadeloupe is going to your head or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
your geography sucks