Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 04:28 PM

Default 2 hands 30/60 standard?

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
Old 05-24-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: 2 hands 30/60 standard?

Hand 1: You're easily good more than 10% of the time here on the river. Expect to see a desperation bluff with ace high or KQ some of the time. Unless you have a good read for this guy being ultra passive, pay it off.

Hand 2: Great flop for your hand but you really chose the worst line. You've got to put in some aggression on the flop or turn. I'd usually prefer to checkraise the flop and lead turn. In the 30/60 game I'd really hate to call flop and lead this turn since you'll get raised so often that you can't safely fold to raise against most opponents. Considering your flop/turn line, if he's reasonable, you're only beating AK, 66 or 77 and he'd probably prefer to check these down. Fold the river.

How often are others putting more pressure on villain to fold AK, AQ or TT with a flop call and turn checkraise?
Old 05-24-2005, 05:32 PM

I agree that you should pressure the villian on the flop and lead out at the turn. I dont like the check raise on the turn because do you really think villian is folding to the check raise? More likely is a call and then a Queen hits the river which leaves the Hero in a sticky situation. If they check the river villian is sure to bet and its a questionable call with 88. To bet the river is in my view is chip spewing because that Queen is a likely card to have helped the villian. (flush, paired up) So I would more likely bet the flop and the turn and fold to a check raise on the turn.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:38 PM

Hand 1 was well played. Definitely pay off the river.

Hand 2, I prefer leading flop or check-raising flop. The flop is a good one for you, and you need to show aggression somewhere. Once you check-raise flop, lead the turn. If raised, I think it is a somewhat easy fold (easier still on the river if showed aggression there too).