Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Playerview vs. GT++

I am currently using GT++ and am wondering if there is any merit to moving to Playerview. I play on Stars if that makes any difference (shouldn't I'm guessing).

Does anyone here have experience with both and an opinion on which is best?
Old 05-24-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Playerview vs. GT++

I like Playerview a lot more. I can customize exactly what I want, it's less cumbersome and takes up less screen space. I feel like it works better, and it has the holecards from the last hand's showdown feature which is really cool.

I use GT++ for about 2 days when PV went pay, hated it, and stopped being cheap and just paid for PV. So worth it.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:13 PM

I don't think there's $50 difference, but I like PV better and use GT+.

-d
Old 05-24-2005, 04:13 PM

I used GT+ until I moved to 8 tables... Then it started to lag, so I shelled out the cash for PV.

PV >>> GT+, IMO.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it has the holecards from the last hand's showdown feature

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I saw this in another thread (which prompted this question). Didn't realize it was not free anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll check out their free version (hoping there is a trial out there) and will make a decision after that.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:26 PM

There's another alternative being developed that's similar to PlayerView, but it's free. It's still early in development, but it works pretty well.

Here's a thread on it:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...o=&fpart=1
Old 05-24-2005, 04:34 PM

Also... how many tables do you play?

If its 1-3, I would guess that PV is not worth the 50. Or at least, I would not be willing to pay it.

But, as you add tables, the holecards, plus the automatic table lookup, plus the less CPU use make it well worth it.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:42 PM

I play 2 tables (very rarely 3) and IMO Playerview is worth the $50. The "hotspot" feature in PV is also very valuable since I want access to most stats (like blindsteal stats, individual street aggression, etc.) but don't want to clutter up my board too much and I call on those stats relatively infrequently. I know that many balked at $50 when PokerTracker is $55, but just MHO. YMMV. Can't think of another acronym . . .
Old 05-24-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 2 tables (very rarely 3) and IMO Playerview is worth the $50. The "hotspot" feature in PV is also very valuable since I want access to most stats (like blindsteal stats, individual street aggression, etc.) but don't want to clutter up my board too much and I call on those stats relatively infrequently. I know that many balked at $50 when PokerTracker is $55, but just MHO. YMMV. Can't think of another acronym . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good point

I have the hotspot thing turned off because there is absolutely no way I could use it, but yeah, I'd imagine that would be really helpful for 1-3 tablers. (probably a bit higher too)
Old 05-24-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also... how many tables do you play?

If its 1-3, I would guess that PV is not worth the 50. Or at least, I would not be willing to pay it.

But, as you add tables, the holecards, plus the automatic table lookup, plus the less CPU use make it well worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking of making the switch now. Jordan, do you think it will be worth it when PE has their stats going on the tables? Just curious because they're almost done. I think I'll wait to see what I'll be missing.