Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 09:22 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default What Are Chances Of Loss Of RakeBack At Empire?

I think I've seen that party poker no longer permits the rakeback programs?

I'm currently trying out multi-tabling for the first time ever (4-tabling Omaha Hi/Lo $0.25/$0.50 at PokerStars) and I'm up 108 BB's after 4 days, which is pretty nice, but too early to tell statistically, plus I'm at the lower limits.

I'm hoping to go semi-pro after I'm married this October, and dump my home games (which are only NL tournies since that's all the fish around here will play, and I believe I can make more playing online and playing other games)

Anyway, I have a friend who can get me a nice rakeback deal on Empire, since I've never signed-up there before. And there is plenty of selection for the limits I'm looking to play when I switch to semi-pro.

But since party poker dumped the rakeback (I believe?) isn't it likely that Empire will eventually do the same thing? Anyone have any info on this, it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-24-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: What Are Chances Of Loss Of RakeBack At Empire?

1000%
Old 05-24-2005, 09:54 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: 1,000% chance, oy vey

[ QUOTE ]
1000%

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, gimme something here. And get some more posts of substance under your belt before ya troll. :P
Old 05-24-2005, 11:07 AM

Yea.. An IGM rep said that they were doing away with it accross the board. That said...it will be slow done.

Milk it now and look for other offers after Party gets rip of all us grinders.

Party if you are reading.... You are going to shoot yourself in the foot here. Some site is going to make the grinders and offer they cant refuse. You have a lot of fish there, but no more than a sports book, Pacific, or others. Also, 3/6 and above at Party is more LAGs anyway. I can find those at UB, PokerStars, and so on.

-SFWUSC

-SFWUSC
Old 05-24-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: IGM Rep statement

[ QUOTE ]
Yea.. An IGM rep said that they were doing away with it accross the board. That said...it will be slow done.

Party if you are reading.... You are going to shoot yourself in the foot here. Some site is going to make the grinders and offer they cant refuse. You have a lot of fish there, but no more than a sports book, Pacific, or others. Also, 3/6 and above at Party is more LAGs anyway. I can find those at UB, PokerStars, and so on.

-SFWUSC

-SFWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

So, it will be done slowly. Any idea how slowly? I believe there are a gazillion skins for Party Poker, but Empire is probably one of the more popular.

I don't want to miss out, but I don't want to start too early when my bankroll isn't ready.

And I don't want to get the rakeback, and then depend on it for part of my income and have it disappear. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Stars doesn't do rakeback deals, and they don't have near the selection of tables/limits (or at least enough players on them) for Omaha Hi/Lo full-ring games.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: IGM Rep statement

party only has 3 skins: empire, eurobet, and intertops. check rakebackreview.com and the classified page at this site.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 AM

party will do the best they can to curtail it at the skins, it wont be as "advertised" as it is now (you can blame partys tough guy stance on this btw) but it will be available in one form or another for a while methinks.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
party will do the best they can to curtail it at the skins, it wont be as "advertised" as it is now (you can blame partys tough guy stance on this btw) but it will be available in one form or another for a while methinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if it's advertised, as long as the rakeback plan stays around and I get to reap some benifits from it.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-SFWUSC

-SFWUSC

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember the thread correctly Party said that there was going to be changes and people would be surprised. I don't think that it will be a bad surprise.

To me it's as simple as this.

Party advertises alot and gets lots of players in without affiliates.
Most of these players then find out about rakeback and leave party for another skin therefore Party lose out.

All party has to do is offer some sort of rakeback amnesty on Party and let people move back their with the agreement of 20%-25% rakeback from Party direct.

This approach is the most sensible for all consider (other than the skins). Party keeps its player base, increases revenues and players don't lose their rakeback.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: What Are Chances Of Loss Of RakeBack At Empire?

[ QUOTE ]

I'm currently trying out multi-tabling for the first time ever (4-tabling Omaha Hi/Lo $0.25/$0.50 at PokerStars) and I'm up 108 BB's after 4 days, which is pretty nice, but too early to tell statistically, plus I'm at the lower limits.

I'm hoping to go semi-pro after I'm married this October,

[/ QUOTE ]

I say why wait, with results like this you should quit your job now.