Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 06:11 AM

Default 2 possible turn pushes (1 misplayed and one that I\'m not sure of)

The first hand was at really laggy table at which I feel my image probably was somewhere in the weak-tight range. I pushed with the thinking that they would muck any marginal hands and call with any thing I could beat with my double gutter and flush draw...I felt I had fairly high fold equity here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

CO ($100.35)
Button ($45.15)
SB ($40.25)
BB ($26.8)
Hero ($22.9)
MP ($31.3)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, Hero calls $1, Button folds.

Turn: ($4) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $4</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21.65 (All-In)</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $29.65

The 2nd hand I can't find the hand history for but it was a heads up post flop AA hand between me and a laggy but not stupid player. I made it 8X BB (2$) PrF and he calls...my stack is around 35$ and his is around 81$. Flop comes Q J 9....I pot it for just over 5$ and he calls. The turn is an A...I have a strong inclination that he didn't flop the str8 so at this point I definitely have the strongest hand. There is around 16$ in the pot and I bet out for 10$....in retrospect I think this would have been a great spot for a push...Anyone in agreeance on this point?? I can make him pay dearly for his draws or be near drawing dead if he happens to have a strong 2pr or underset. anyways...the river hit a 10...he woke up and value bet for 6$....with 36+in the pot I have to call here even though I know his holding is likely good...Is the turn push the way to not feel disgusted after a hand like this???? If you havern't put together a solid range of hands for villian here...results on the 2nd hand will follow criticism/advise...Thanks