Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 05:58 AM

Default Too weak?

I decided to play some full ring last night, which I rarely play these days. Anyway, I had some trouble adjusting I think. Are these laydowns pretty standard or just weak?

Both are at Party $400

Hand 1

MP2 min-raises (only been sat down for a couple of orbits but have him pegged on the LAG side, though he seems OK post-flop).

I re-raise to $30 in the CO with AKo all fold & he calls.

Flop is QJ3r he check-calls my $45.

Turn is a brick, we both check. River is the K. Now he bets $125 & I lay it down.

Hand 2

An orbit or so later I raise to 15 UTG with two black queens. Called by button who I haven’t really noticed and LAG in BB.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I lead for 45 and only button calls.

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet 120 and again get flat-called.

River is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I have 170 left and check-fold to his push.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Too weak?

sounds like you can be moved off of pots with a scary board. If all your opponents are on draw hands, you need to make them pay dearly when they are behind.