Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Worst play I\'ve ever seen at a BM (Low content)

Just thought I'd share this since I found it so funny.

I'm playing 3/6 live and everybody at the table is having a good time. Then this guy (glasses man for future reference)comes at sits down at the table and he's the most obvious (i saw poker on TV and I think that I can kill the game) type of player that i've ever seen. He sits down with $40 and a pair of sunglasses. It's pretty obvious that he's never played live before - he's asking what it means to post and it takes him a few hands to figure out the betting structure.

Anyways, he's lost most of his $40 before this hand comes up. He's in a pot with 4 other players and the flop comes A26 of hearts. Glasses man bets when it gets to him. Two people call - one asian guy who has $6 left after the call and one other woman.
Turn 4 of clubs.
Woman checks, glasses man checks and asian guy bets his last $6 for all in. Both players call.

River J of clubs.
Woman checks to glasses man who thinks for a second and bets with the most shaky hands i've ever seen. Woman folds.
Glasses man tables 7(clubs) 8 (hearts) for no hand and the asian guy who was all in windmill slams his black KT and drags the pot. I give the Asian guy a high five and quietly chuckle at glasses man for bluffing into an empty side pot with 8 high with one player all in.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Worst play I\'ve ever seen at a BM (Low content)

Wow. You're a massive douche aren't you?

Why would you go out of your way to humiliate this guy instead of saying something like: "Tough break. Stick around, your luck will change."
Old 05-24-2005, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. You're a massive douche aren't you?

Why would you go out of your way to humiliate this guy instead of saying something like: "Tough break. Stick around, your luck will change."

[/ QUOTE ]

??????
Old 05-24-2005, 09:26 AM

Way to welcome a new player to the game, Captain Smug.

SpaceAce
Old 05-24-2005, 09:28 AM

High Five? Quietly chuckle?

Sounds very gay - and not a good way to keep your "glasses man" in the game is it?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:37 AM

Well i mean really, this isnt a player that you're going to convince to stay and lose his wallet.

After trying to bluff an 8 high, even a bad player who might think he's good will know that was a stupid move. Even if he didnt understand the idea of sidepots.

If he was to get complimented or even a pat on the back and "better luck next time", if he had a hint of sense, he'd realize you know he's bad and want him in the game.

Complimenting flat-out-stupid plays is a terrible thing to do.

Mediocre-bad plays though (gutshots/bd flushes), usually the player didnt realize was so dumb and you can encourage him, if you're into that.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:50 AM

Ehhhh, that's pretty bad. But I think I have you beat although this was online.

The board was 7 7 4 5 Q, rainbow. I witnessed a guy overcall my bet on the river with 92o. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Quickest buddy list addition i've ever seen.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he had a hint of sense, he'd realize you know he's bad and want him in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've seen no evidence thus far to indicate that glasses man has any "hint of sense".

[ QUOTE ]
Complimenting flat-out-stupid plays is a terrible thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will agree with this. There's no reason to go out of your way to address any one person's specific play. A "better luck next time" or "see ya around" is plenty and doesn't relay any of your strategic poker knowledge to the losing player or the rest of the remaining players at the table.

[ QUOTE ]
Mediocre-bad plays though (gutshots/bd flushes), usually the player didnt realize was so dumb and you can encourage him, if you're into that.

[/ QUOTE ]
The vast majority of players would be best off to never discuss poker strategy at the table. Choose to talk about something completely unrelated instead.